Dubs Chops

cookbook version 2.0

Hey Guys,

I know sometimes it helps to see things when stuck in a creative rut.

So I would like to propose that we start a cookbook version 2.0 where we can all contribute and add A picture if we can of some of our recipe's If you don't want to let your secret's out of the box I understand. But as a new guy I love seeing defferent people's stuff it helps me be more creative at times. I will start tonight. I am in OK and dont think there are very many hand pour guys here that I have to worry about steeling my recipe's and selling to my own clientele.

Will have a picture and recipe up tonight hopefully it is a great clear water bait called lilly's love potion. I know Sounds homo I let a girl name it.

banana seed. dead on zoom. will post a pic later. i have a few more.the small one is zoom

1 cup of plastic

20 drops flouresent yellow dels

30 drops of yellow LC

10 lime green LC

6 DASHES OF SALT salt is optional

3 DASHES 0F 035 BLACK GLITTER

Here was mine using that same recipe only I doubled the color because it was looking a little transparent to me. This was with all del colorants BTW. I think mine is too florescent. I want it to be more bananaE

http://imageshack.us' rel="external nofollow">

Edited by Spike-A-Pike
Rule 13 violation

Here are a few of my goto baits here in Va.

Watermelon - Red Fleck Worm

1/2 Cup Plastic (Calhoun)

1/2 Cap of Softner (Calhoun)

35 drops Light Watermelon (Del)

Red Glitter to liking (I use three 1/8tsp scoops)

Neon Blue Worm

Same Plastic Softner as above

30 Drops Marine Blue (Del)

Silver/Blue Glitter (Del)

Smoke Worm

Same PLastic/Softerner as above

5 Drops Black

Black/Purple Glitter (Del)

Black/Blue Worm

Same Plastic/Softner as above

30 Drops Black (Del)

Blue Glitter (Del)

Kiwi Seed Stick

1 Cup Plastic

1 Shot (literally - shot glass) Softner

60 Drops Chart. (del)

4 scoops 1/8tsp Black Glitter (Del)

No Name Color Yet-Stick

1/2 Shot Softner

60 Drops GreenPumpkin (Del)

2 Drops Black (del)

Orange Glitter - Alot! (ultra small)

Black/Blue Stick

1 Cup Palstic/1 Shot Softner

50 Drops Black (Del)

5 - 1/8tsp scoops Blue Glitter (Del)

Watermelon/Red Stick

Same plastic/Softner as Black Blue

40 Drops Lightwaternelon (Del)

3 Drops Black (Del)

5 - 1/8 tsp scoops Red Glitter

Nothing fancy, but highly effective!!

P0002767.jpg

P0002767.jpg

P0002767.jpg

P0002767.jpg

P0002767.jpg

P0002767.jpg

P0002767.jpg

P0002767.jpg

4131_thumb.attach

Buddy of mine suggested this worm and it was :flame:. Caught one of biggest small mouth he had seen in over 50 years on the elk. We used a similar store bought worm with gold and silver and caught 9 out of 10 casts last spring.

2oz plastic

4 drops chartruese green

silver fleck

shot glass of salt

(also adding some glow powder to above to try this spring)...:sauced:

Hey PAVABill, Are you adding salt to your sticks?

Here are a few of my goto baits here in Va.

Watermelon - Red Fleck Worm

1/2 Cap of Softner (Calhoun)

35 drops Light Watermelon (Del)

Red Glitter to liking (I use three 1/8tsp scoops)

Neon Blue Worm

Same Plastic Softner as above

30 Drops Marine Blue (Del)

Silver/Blue Glitter (Del)

Smoke Worm

Same PLastic/Softerner as above

5 Drops Black

Black/Purple Glitter (Del)

Black/Blue Worm

Same Plastic/Softner as above

30 Drops Black (Del)

Blue Glitter (Del)

Kiwi Seed Stick

1 Cup Plastic

1 Shot (literally - shot glass) Softner

60 Drops Chart. (del)

4 scoops 1/8tsp Black Glitter (Del)

No Name Color Yet-Stick

1/2 Shot Softner

60 Drops GreenPumpkin (Del)

2 Drops Black (del)

Orange Glitter - Alot! (ultra small)

Black/Blue Stick

1 Cup Palstic/1 Shot Softner

50 Drops Black (Del)

5 - 1/8tsp scoops Blue Glitter (Del)

Watermelon/Red Stick

Same plastic/Softner as Black Blue

40 Drops Lightwaternelon (Del)

3 Drops Black (Del)

5 - 1/8 tsp scoops Red Glitter

Nothing fancy, but highly effective!!

I think we're going to have problems with this thread unless the rules are complied with...

1. The pictures in this thread should be linked from the gallery, not in the builder's forum. Basic members may meet a limit with the number of photos they can post - see Rule 3

2. The size of the photos posted is not supposed to be larger than 600 x 400 because TU wants to keep the site fast for all, including 56k (dial up) users.

I dont understand this rule I dont guess, I was linking them from a file hosting site which was not using any of your bandwidth.

So your telling me you would rather there be no pictures than pictures that slows down someone using 56k? I would think they would still opt to wait to see the pictures then to never see them. Anyone on 56k care to share their opinion, I may be way off base and would like to get some input.

A picture is the best thing for a color chart.

maybe you could bend the rules and at the title say MAYBE SLOW FOR dial up users?

if someone has thier own hosting service great it doesnt eat up bandwidth on this site if they link it and show there pics.

the problem with have a small size window for gallery pics is that MOST people Don't know how to crop a full size pic and resize it. and its just to darn small

if someone takes a picture of a bait on there bench normally it will show everything on the bench and floor. so when they resize it it shows the same but the bait is tiny. they have to crop it at full size to make it small enough to show the bait it self.

with the new cameras out and the huge pixel amounts pictures are huge, again leaving those that don't know how to crop and or resize pics at a loss.

I personally think a color chart like this would blow away almost anything( other than having the baits in front of you). I also believe an exception to the rule should be made. just put in the title of the thread that it may be slow loading for dial up users.

if dial up users don't like it ( which I highly doubt you will find any dial up user complaining) they don't need to click on the link its that simple.

Years ago I modified a VB product for vbulletin forums for a color chart which would also show pics. while getting ready to upgrade software for 8 sites I been playing some new things and a new way to do a color book with pics and with out custom coding.

The newer software versions and its already in there. Photopost (the gallery we have here)would be a good one to use just make and name a seperate catagory to color chart.

also

Allow FULLSIZE images and keep Org's

make a standard image( the one it resizes automatically) to 800 pixels wide 600 would be the smallest I would go.

thumbnails make a 200 wide

allow posts allow replies

this will allow slower modem users to view them and if they want to see a fullsize pic then so be it

this will also allow users to scroll through thumbnails to see the color they want

this will allow faster dsl and cable users to see the pics in full size and even the org one. with out causeing any problems to anyone. no noticed would be necc.

make a sticky so when they click the subject it brings them right to that section of the gallery.

Delw