The Dude

Bubble Problem

I'm using POP molds and I have sealed them with Mod-Podge. I am having two problems...First, when I pull the finished product out of the mold, the Mod-Podge came off with the worm. Secondly, I am having bubbles rise to the top of the bait. There are no bubbles in the plastic in my pot or while I'm pouring, but as the mold fills, the bubbles come to the top.

What the hell is going on??? I thought of sealing the mold with polyurethane--would that help?? Is the Mod-Podge the issue, or is it something else. I don't think my plastic is too hot, because it's pouring perfect, even the glitter isn't sinking to the bottom, it's suspended and even throughout the entire worm.

Any help would be great, I have a great mold with a great design, and I can't get a good pour...I'm beyond frustrated at this point!!!!!!!!!

Try sealing the mold with a elmers glue and water 50/50 mix. It will soak into the POP so you will have to do this a couple of times.

The bbls that you are getting is because the POP is not properly sealed yet. Once you get a good seal on the POP, you will not have bbls.

Try a search for sealing molds as there is volumes on this subject.