The Dude

Salt?

Do you use table salt in your pours or is there something different? I've been using a coffee grinder and making powder out of table salt, when I was pouring white lures the other day, they turned tanish. This didn't happen when I didn't use the salt.

What you are doing with the salt is fine. It sounds like you're scorching the plastic a bit. Did it start out white and then turn as you poured more?

What you are doing with the salt is fine. It sounds like you're scorching the plastic a bit. Did it start out white and then turn as you poured more?

No the yellow is coming from impurities in the salt. Try rock salt or the salt sold for making lures. Or just change brands.

Do you use table salt in your pours or is there something different? I've been using a coffee grinder and making powder out of table salt, when I was pouring white lures the other day, they turned tanish. This didn't happen when I didn't use the salt.

Highly doubt it's the salt. I've used a grinder to make salt many times with no issues. I completely agree with 152 & Longhorn....gotta be scortching buddy.

Did you add scent to the plastic before you heated it? That might turn color and show in the white,

I use coarse/pickling salt and flour it in a grinder. When you look for salt look for "pure" salt. Table salt has a number of additives in it.

www.novalures.com

Dude, it could be any of the above but it's probably scorching. And 152 is right about white being easy to scorch, I've done it more than once myself. If you don't have an infrared digiatal themometer, then by all means consider one. It'll save you a ton of trouble as you can keep a close eye on your temp. You can get them at Lowe's, Sears, Home Depot etc. Hope this helps, JIM