bassfhermn

Airbrushing Plastics

Ok guys once again TU to the rescue, My question is that I am going to start airbrushing some soft plastics, and I was wondering which brush to get and which compressor. As you can tell I know nothing about doing this and would like some advice on buying everything. I was looking at a Paasche D500 Air Compressor and a Paasche Double Action Airbrush Set from Cabelas. I know there are other places but I have a AMEX gift card. Will these work or are there better models? The other question is I know I am going to need a paint booth so any picture of them will help and details, and I all most forgot which paints and from where. Thanks again for all your help.

I know nothing of pouring soft plastics. i paint crankbaits. in fact this is my first time even looking in the soft plastics room of TU. having that been said, here is my advice.

brand of airbrush not as important as features.

gravity feed (cup on top) instead of siphon (cup on bottom). no wasted paint n clean-up much much faster.

definitely go with a double action as opposed to a single action. better control of paint.

brand of compressor is same as airbrush. not important.

depending on how much u use it depends on whether or not it should have a tank.

if u have any other questions feel free to PM me and ill do my best to answer.

and the best piece of info i can give u is go to the hard baits room and use the search. but im warning u of the inflow of info ur gonna get cause u asked the 1 question that seems to be on goin when it comes to us painters.

good luck and happy hunting!

oh yeah, and as far as what paint to use, im actually looking for the same answer. i posted that topic earlier today in the hard baits room tryin to find out. so if i get an answer ill let u know, n if u get one first please do the same.

-Brandon

helpful websites: tcpglobal.com, they sell kits with everything u need, coastairbrush.com

I know nothing of pouring soft plastics. i paint crankbaits. in fact this is my first time even looking in the soft plastics room of TU. having that been said, here is my advice.

brand of airbrush not as important as features.

gravity feed (cup on top) instead of siphon (cup on bottom). no wasted paint n clean-up much much faster.

definitely go with a double action as opposed to a single action. better control of paint.

brand of compressor is same as airbrush. not important.

depending on how much u use it depends on whether or not it should have a tank.

if u have any other questions feel free to PM me and ill do my best to answer.

and the best piece of info i can give u is go to the hard baits room and use the search. but im warning u of the inflow of info ur gonna get cause u asked the 1 question that seems to be on goin when it comes to us painters.

good luck and happy hunting!

oh yeah, and as far as what paint to use, im actually looking for the same answer. i posted that topic earlier today in the hard baits room tryin to find out. so if i get an answer ill let u know, n if u get one first please do the same.

-Brandon

helpful websites: tcpglobal.com, they sell kits with everything u need, coastairbrush.com

Lure craft sells a soft plastic paint. I've heard the smaller compressors don't last. You can use any size comp. you want just make sure your hose pressure is low enough.