smalljaw

Multi Color Powder Paint Spinnerbait Example

I had a few individuals that asked me how the powder paint spray guns work so I decided to put some pics of a bait I just finished the other day to use up the last of some paint, this was done in candy colors with no base coat and has a metallic look to it. I also took 2 pics to try and show some color since my camera isn't very good and the lighting in my home isn't exatly bright either, let me know what you think.

2009-11-050042.jpg

2009-11-050052.jpg

Very Nice, I like it. Would you mind sharing what colors those are?

Thanks cadman, the colors are candy purple on the back, candy chartreuse on the body and belly, candy blue on the head, and a splash of candy red on the throat/belly area and just plain black for the striping.

I had a few individuals that asked me how the powder paint spray guns work so I decided to put some pics of a bait I just finished the other day to use up the last of some paint, this was done in candy colors with no base coat and has a metallic look to it. I also took 2 pics to try and show some color since my camera isn't very good and the lighting in my home isn't exatly bright either, let me know what you think.

2009-11-050042.jpg

2009-11-050052.jpg

WOW what kinda brush are you using I am going to try to do something like this ?

2009-11-050042.jpg

2009-11-050052.jpg

Man they look great! How are you keeping the head hot while painting?

To keep the head I just move the bait back over the heat a few seconds after it becomes too cool, you can do 2 colors without ever reheating the bait once you get the hang of it. I use a tourch for me heating purposes because I can see where the heat is going unlike a heat gun.

I got one of the Badger airbrushes for powder and am having a hard time of keeping over-spray from hitting my jigs where I don't want it. I have tried the shop vac in a box and I have tried turning my compressor down as low as it will go and still can't figure it out!

That is one AWESOME paint scheme though! Hope I can get some to look that nice!

I got one of the Badger airbrushes for powder and am having a hard time of keeping over-spray from hitting my jigs where I don't want it. I have tried the shop vac in a box and I have tried turning my compressor down as low as it will go and still can't figure it out!

That is one AWESOME paint scheme though! Hope I can get some to look that nice!

Thank you for the kind words, I did that paint scheme to show something more than a basic 2 color paint job using the spray gun. I know what you're going through but it takes practice to learn how far to hold the gun away from the bait to get the desired effect but over time you'll get the hang of it. It will not give you fine details but it does allow for shading and blending colors. Try practicing on some scarp baits, hold the gun at different distances and spray and see what the results are and after you start getting comfortable then try some 2 color baits and see if you get the type of effect you want, as I've said, it does take time but don't give up on it, you will get the hang of it in time.