Badog

Twistech Wire Bender?

Has anyone used the Twistech wire bender? I am wanting to use it for small mouth and large mouth spinners and trout spinners. Thanks for any help!!!!!

Badog

I have one and the hagens bender it is decent quality about the same as hagens. I am still messing around with it I am kinda new to the wire thing. Are there any questions that I could try to answer...remember I am still a rookie. PM me if needed

Good little bender. Over the Hagen's it would be my second choice in bending tools. You can only bend .025 - .036 wire unless you get an adapter for up to .041. For large mouth small mouth and trout, it would be perfect for that. I feel that you don't need bigger wire for larger fish but others don't fill that way. Most use 0.051 wire for musky. But if you catch one on .031 wire it would be deformed big time but not broken. You need to think a little to make r bends but easy to do. The twisted eye is better any way. I have made any bend I can make on my Hagen's but the Hagen's will bend a bigger variety of wire sizes.

Good little bender. Over the Hagen's it would be my second choice in bending tools. You can only bend .025 - .036 wire unless you get an adapter for up to .041. For large mouth small mouth and trout, it would be perfect for that. I feel that you don't need bigger wire for larger fish but others don't fill that way. Most use 0.051 wire for musky. But if you catch one on .031 wire it would be deformed big time but not broken. You need to think a little to make r bends but easy to do. The twisted eye is better any way. I have made any bend I can make on my Hagen's but the Hagen's will bend a bigger variety of wire sizes.

Would you describe how you do the R bends on the twisttech?

The r bend is bent on the two pins using the bottom of the bar that you spin around, not the grove that is cut in it. First you bend a 35 deg. angle then reverse it on the bender so its bent around the pin the opposite direction the it was bent then turn it making the half moon. to repeat it bend the first 35 deg angle flip it over then bend the half moon.