ROWINGADUBAY

Esox Cobra Jigs Vs Sparkie

Has anyone ever used the esox cobra jig I was wondering if they have some type of wobble on the drop I am thinking about getting a sparkie mold or making a copy of this with rtv.

It would be way easier to just buy a do it mold but I think I might be missing something in action and I would rather make a mold than miss the action and a fish!!!

I know the cobra has a hidden eyelet in the back for a trailer hook I am not really worried about that I can figure that part out later

I guess my main question is how does a sparkie or banana jig compare to the esox cobra????

Thanks

George

ECfiretigerheadMed.jpgCobraMagProfile3LG.jpg

The sparkie jig is a slightly different from an arkie style jig but close and the pic of the jig you posted isn't close to either the sparkie or the banana head, it looks more like the do-it stand up head with the exception being the stand up head isn't as wide and the jig in the pic. You may be better off using an original and making a mold from RTV or another medium instead of buying a mold you may not be happy with.

So does the ESOX Cobra have a big wobble on the drop and do you think it will have a bigger wobble than a sparky or stand up jig?

Also these jiga come in sizes of 3/4 to 2 1/2 oz with about a 5/0 or bigger hook.

I never fished that Cobra jig but judging from the looks of it I'd have to say that it probably has a slow gliding fall rather than a wobble, every jig I fished that had a wobble to it had a curved surface, not flat, now the Cobra jig you have pictured has a wide head but at the same time its flat and that usually amounts to a slow gliding fall, the jigs I have fished that wobble are a Cabelas' wobble jig, and a grave digger jig, I'm sure there are others but none that I have actually fished with.

A wobble drop might be better served with a spoon type lure. Even with a properly designed head, the dressings on a jig would tend to create resistance to side to side action on a drop. It might be possible to jerk jig-gle some wobble into a drop with proper technique.

Here's a Cabela's Wobble Jig I just made. Kick nose slightly bent down collar trimmed 1/4 oz. undersize #2 salt water Sickle minimal rabbit zonker tie. This jig designed for skating over shallow HI reefs, its about the best production mold head I've seen for drop wobble potential. Haven't tried it yet.

SWwobble.jpg

Here's a Cabela's Wobble Jig I just made. Kick nose slightly bent down collar trimmed 1/4 oz. undersize #2 salt water Sickle minimal rabbit zonker tie. This jig designed for skating over shallow HI reefs, its about the best production mold head I've seen for drop wobble potential. Haven't tried it yet.

SWwobble.jpg

Hello,

I am looking into getting a jig mold that is close to the Cobra jig head (form vise) having 3/4 - 1 oz. , double collar, and 5-6 size hook.

Any suggestions are appreciated....

THX

Hello,

I am looking into getting a jig mold that is close to the Cobra jig head (form vise) having 3/4 - 1 oz. , double collar, and 5-6 size hook.

Any suggestions are appreciated....

THX

Are you going to have one custom made? The one Hawnjigs posted does work really well.

SWwobble.jpg

Hawnjigs,

Is that painted? If so very nice. :yay::yay::yay: