bassbandit25

What Kind Of Boat Is The Easiest To Remodel

It would depend on your skills and what you want to use the boat for in it's finished form! I think a jon boat would be easy for a build but I also have two fiberglass boats as well and they aren't bad either! Just different ways to work on these to types of boats. Jon boat would probably be the less expensive of the two.

It would depend on your skills and what you want to use the boat for in it's finished form! I think a jon boat would be easy for a build but I also have two fiberglass boats as well and they aren't bad either! Just different ways to work on these to types of boats. Jon boat would probably be the less expensive of the two.

Well it would be for bass fishing pretty much but i decently handy and willing to learn lol. I think i will go with the john boat does anyone have a suggestion of what size i should get height and width wise

Well it would be for bass fishing pretty much but i decently handy and willing to learn lol. I think i will go with the john boat does anyone have a suggestion of what size i should get height and width wise

17ft extra wide extra deep. I've been in regular jons before, if the wind is blowing over 10mph they are impossible to hold next to the bank.

80s and most early 90s fiberglass boats .. are basically going to be a bigger project than you know.. 99.9999 percent have rotted transoms and stringers.. if you really want to learn the craft of boat re-building then get you a cheap project bass boat.. stay away from Bullet, and Shadow brands.. very big learning curve on those.. plan on spending at least 1000 to 2000 to totally rebuild a 17 to 20 ft fiberglass boat..  and that is just for the fiberglass resin , mat and lumber.. and winter a heated garage is a must.. but NO NO NO open flames.. resin and fire dont mix .. you go BOOOOMMMMM!

I've rebuilt a bunch of boats.. started out with a 15ft hurst bass boat.. was fairly easy to do alone... but still a major project.

I no longer own a fiberglass boat .. and there is a reason .. cost .. you can get a good 16 to 17ft aluminum bass boat or big deep jon for 1500 to 3000.. with motor.. and at most you will have to do is new wood on transom.. maybe new decks if they are wood decks.. I just bought a 1987 16 ft lowe for 1000 bucks that had all that done.. and a 40hp motor.. winter is the time to buy a bargain boat.

Im taking off the wood decks and replacing with aluminum .. just so I don't have to fool with replacing down the road.

If you want to learn how to rebuild a fiberglass boat there is tons of good material on the net.. and good you tube videos.. if you do go this route.. I would suggest using epoxy fiberglass resin.. much more for giving temp and experience wise.. and will last much longer than reg fiberglass resin.. its water proof.. reg fiberglass resin is not .. and don't buy the crap at auto parts stores.. reg resin has a max shelf life of 12 months .. the fresher the better. Epoxy resin you can get on ebay if you dont live near a supply house for it.

Keep your sanity and lungs .. just buy aluminum .. you will thank your self!