Wooly

Arky Head Weight Question

When comparing the double collar arkey vs the standard arkey head (do-it mold)-- is there a difference in head size? I would think that due to the double collar -- the double collar head would be smaller to compensate for the additional lead on the collar. If it is different, is it the size of the head or is there a shape difference as well. I'm just curious.

thanks,

cadman you are right on the money I have both molds and compared to find out exactly what you said I use both molds the standard arky skips much better than the flat eye I pitch and flip with the flat eye as well as use it for a standard casting jig

I roughly checked them both with a pair of calipers and there is a size difference. I am however surpised that the weight was the same. You are correct that the ball collar one actually does skip better, however I have always been partial to the double collar Arky. The double disk definitely holds a skirt better even though I hand tie and the last disk holds a plastic trailer really well.

Have any of you guys tried the Style "S" mold from do-it? I am looking at experimenting and I thought I read somewhere that this mold is the old Stanley head -- Is this correct? I'd love to modify it to take a flat eye hook ( I think it would be easy but not sure ).

Have any of you guys tried the Style "S" mold from do-it? I am looking at experimenting and I thought I read somewhere that this mold is the old Stanley head -- Is this correct? I'd love to modify it to take a flat eye hook ( I think it would be easy but not sure ).

I don't have that mold but I believe it is a take-off of the Sparkie mold except the Style "S" is flatter. Should be an excellent skipping jig. If you take your time you should be able to drill a hole for the flat eye. In my opinion it is easier to modify a mold into a flat-eye than into a regular eye. Just take your time measure lots, cut once.

The Double Collar/Flat Eye Arkie is good for tying hair due to the fact you can take a pair of gate shears and remove the double collar without it looking bad. This will also give you a slight weight reduction for that particular size. I will often cut the double collar off and epoxy a screw lock into a hollow bead and then epoxy that into the base pin hole and use this for

creature baits.

What about the Do-It BASS-3-AY Model Jig. Does anyone have a few of these available. I am now loking at the Do-It catalog and it looks as though the illustration may not be as accurate as it needs to be. I would hate to order a mold and then end up with something i dont actually need. Im thinking this mold has a head somewhat similar in dimensions to the Do-It StyleTC 1/8oz. Tube Jig Head.

What about the Do-It BASS-3-AY Model Jig. Does anyone have a few of these available. I am now loking at the Do-It catalog and it looks as though the illustration may not be as accurate as it needs to be. I would hate to order a mold and then end up with something i dont actually need. Im thinking this mold has a head somewhat similar in dimensions to the Do-It StyleTC 1/8oz. Tube Jig Head.

I don't have the Bass-3-AY mold, but I do believe as well that, that is an old picture. I do however have the TC Tube Jig Mold!