Zib

M-f Salt Water Plastic?

Has anyone had any issues using M-F salt water plastic? I’m new to making soft plastic lures & I plan on making some soft plastics for musky/pike jigging & want soft plastic that is durable & will hold up to teeth the best. Is the M-F Salt Water plastic a good choice or is there better soft plastic out there? I’ve done a search in the forums but can’t seem to find the answer I’m looking for so I apologize if I’m asking a questions that already been answered.

Thanks

I don't make/use saltwater baits but can attest to the strength of all of the brands of saltware plastics. M-F amd Lurecraft are the 2 I have used. Both strong and as durable as they can be with toothy critters.

Doubt you can go wrong with any of the saltware plastisol out there!

Jim

Has anyone had any issues using M-F salt water plastic? I’m new to making soft plastic lures & I plan on making some soft plastics for musky/pike jigging & want soft plastic that is durable & will hold up to teeth the best. Is the M-F Salt Water plastic a good choice or is there better soft plastic out there? I’ve done a search in the forums but can’t seem to find the answer I’m looking for so I apologize if I’m asking a questions that already been answered.

Thanks

I use Lurecraft 500 plastic (in saltwater) and can attest to it's toughness, a swimbait will usually hold up to half a dozen fish before the tail gets ripped off. Super gluing the bait to the jighead will greatly enhance durability as well, since the fish cannot pull the bait over the jig barb and tear it.