G-Dawg

Craw

Are you wanting it to be a "ghost bait" like in the picture? In other words transparent? If so you'll need to use transparent paint to achieve that look. I would try mixing some red with a little orange. You can lighten or darken the mix by adding small amounts of black or white. Start out with very small amounts when adding paint. You can go too far pretty quick if you aren't careful.

Ben

I Need help how to paint a lure this color.

Could even use a medium brown with a touch of red mixed in. Add a bit of black to blend up into the back of the lure. HAve seen crawdad baits painted either in browns or reds and oranges. Are you spraying or brushing? For painting on the shell lines, you could make up a template for either method. If you're handy with a brush though you could always draw the lines on with a soft pencil (4B) then paint them on in black using a long, fine point brush like they use for doing real pin striping on cars. :D

Sean

Edited by Bassman82

I love the color. It would work great for me in Ohio.

I bought about a100 bandit translucent red and orange craw. It is a discontinued color but there are a few in your ma and pop tackle stores if you find them you should grab them up.

There was some on eBay not to long ago.

I joined a while back, but this is my first post on this site (sorry to be just a lurker!). I have painted this pattern for a friend of mine on a few lures now, mabybe three-to-four in all. It seems that he wants these same two patterns on everything? These are the first ones I did for him. In the first pic, the ones I painted are the top and bottom - the middle is what I copied. For the second pic, I painted the bottom one, I copied the top pattern.

P.S. - This is a great site!!!

DSCN1412.jpg

DSCN1422.jpg

DSCN1412.jpg

DSCN1422.jpg

DSCN1412.jpg

DSCN1422.jpg

DSCN1412.jpg

DSCN1422.jpg

DSCN1412.jpg

DSCN1422.jpg

DSCN1412.jpg