Deceiver

Help! 700 Watt Enough?

I've found a 700watt microwave oven for $30 new. It appeals to me because it is small and I have limited space to set up a work area. Is 700 watta Enoch power to get the job done? If I start doing two or more colors, will I need more than one oven?

Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure that's all I have. The trick is that you get used to using what you have. Once you find out what you can do and what you can't do with your micro you will be off to the races.

When I do 2 colors I use either my split cup or I utilize my hotplate. If you don't have a hotplate you should get one. They are great for reducing the moisture in the salt by heating it up.

www.novalures.com

I'm pretty sure that's all I have. The trick is that you get used to using what you have. Once you find out what you can do and what you can't do with your micro you will be off to the races.

When I do 2 colors I use either my split cup or I utilize my hotplate. If you don't have a hotplate you should get one. They are great for reducing the moisture in the salt by heating it up.

www.novalures.com

it will just take longer to heat up the plastic. but once you get a rhythm down you should be fine. i will be getting a griddle soo so that i can keep the plasitc warm and the molds easier to pour. after reading alot of post and watching the videos it seems like a must have tool, same with the infared thermometer.

www.novalures.com

X2 on the salt absorbing moisture. Salt absorbs moisture very easily and you will get bubbles when you dump in in. If you see the bubbles, you need to heat the salt to dry it out.

No. The moisture is trapped within the microwave and will just re-condense. Try spreading it out on a baking tray in the oven on the lowest setting with an oven mitt propping the door open for a few hours! Or if you have a newer fancy oven use the dehydrate settings - that's what I do!

Can you remove the moisture from salt by putting it in a microwave, too?

No. The moisture is trapped within the microwave and will just re-condense. Try spreading it out on a baking tray in the oven on the lowest setting with an oven mitt propping the door open for a few hours! Or if you have a newer fancy oven use the dehydrate settings - that's what I do!

Thanks. I'll try that when the turkey is done. :lol:

Edited by mark poulson

www.novalures.com

Sorry, new guy here, but what is a "split cup"?

I've seen both hot plates and griddles used in the videos here on the boards...is one better than the other, or are they both serving the same basic need?

Thanks

Sorry, new guy here, but what is a "split cup"?

I've seen both hot plates and griddles used in the videos here on the boards...is one better than the other, or are they both serving the same basic need?

Thanks

To put it simply a splitcup is a pyrex cup with a piece of tin glued in as a centre divider with JB Weld; and you can pour 2 colors at the same time. This will allow you to get all kinds neat baits right from nice two color baits to swirl colors. All depends on how you pour the baits.

If you so a search for split cup you will find pictures and instructions on how to make one.

Some advice at this stage is that you should not get too far ahead of your abilities. First learn how to use your micro and learn how to pour basic baits. I'm not trying to hold you back; just trying to save you from information overload.

www.novalures.com

To put it simply a splitcup is a pyrex cup with a piece of tin glued in as a centre divider with JB Weld; and you can pour 2 colors at the same time. This will allow you to get all kinds neat baits right from nice two color baits to swirl colors. All depends on how you pour the baits.

If you so a search for split cup you will find pictures and instructions on how to make one.

Some advice at this stage is that you should not get too far ahead of your abilities. First learn how to use your micro and learn how to pour basic baits. I'm not trying to hold you back; just trying to save you from information overload.

www.novalures.com

Thanks for the info and advice Nova. B)