Basspro

Question

Do you guys ever dip the tails of your paddletail swimbaits in boiling water for a few seconds to help enhabce the action............ I just poured 45 paddle tail swimbaits

Thats a myth that has been around a long time. Doing so makes no difference in the softness of the bait once it cools off.

while in your hands it looks like it is more flexible its only due to it being warm. soon as it hits the water it goes right back to the way it was.

Like Ghost said though heating them up to straighten tails works good, I wouldnt use water I would use a heat gun or the Arizona sun and hang them by the nose

cant beat that arizona sun i ecspecially like the oxbows up river from lake martinez for some good sun and desert bighorn pictures!!

I lived there for many years... some of the best fishing in the state.

As far as the boiling water... some folks have been known to dip certain swimbaits (like ospreys) in boiling water and then s t r e t c h the tail section making it longer and thinner, thereby giving them a different kick

I lived there for many years... some of the best fishing in the state.

As far as the boiling water... some folks have been known to dip certain swimbaits (like ospreys) in boiling water and then s t r e t c h the tail section making it longer and thinner, thereby giving them a different kick

Is it possible to add eyes to the swimbait after you pour them and do any of you modify your soft plastic swimbaits after you pour them and what type of plastic is best for paddletail swimbaits?

Is it possible to add eyes to the swimbait after you pour them and do any of you modify your soft plastic swimbaits after you pour them and what type of plastic is best for paddletail swimbaits?

I add eyes after pouring, rarely modify my swimbaits after poured and use a blend of super soft and medium plastic for my swims. Smaller the swim, more super soft, larger the swim, the more medium I use.

Jim

Edited by ghostbaits