Toadslinger

Frogs

Not a frog but it is the same principal.

thats just silly try this: http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/gallery/image/8279-moss-mouse-new-fixture/

search around for the other posts on this forum, the gallery and the huntforbigfish forum for the 'moss mouse' discussion. Some great stuff for making your own without the big fancy equipment. Although there are some great videos on you tube etc for making a really cheap and effective rotational casting system, they are NOT really needed and can be acheived this way with a cheap rod drying motor and handmade stand for less than $20 in equip. The materials from makelures are additional, but work just fine! these were just pilot discussions and are much more refined now - you can do it toooooo.

how is it silly, he asked how they are made, they are made in a rotational mold. it is great that you have figured out a low cost way of making them.

Thank You both

I have been wondering how Its not like I am going to be making 100000 million of them in the next week I was just puzzled

Thanks

Tad

how is it silly, he asked how they are made, they are made in a rotational mold. it is great that you have figured out a low cost way of making them.

I agree, not silly. The link demonstrated the principle. We all know well that we don't need a 14ft rotator to make a few frogs.

I tried a single axis rotating method and the results were very uneaven (resin). A two axis system might well solve the problem. The main issue is getting power to the second motor without the wires twisting. A battery powered motor would solve this, but I would like a mains solution. I think this project is very do-able as a garage contruction and won't take up any more space than a regular drying wheel.

Dave