Brushwacker

How Can I Pour A Vein In Plastic Worms?

I've tried pouring two colors a dozen times without success. My second pour always mixes with my first color giving it a tie dye affect. I've tried waiting longer but then my second pour doesn't adhere very well. What am I doing wrong :blink: ?

Easy fix....Cold cracks (when you see separation between the colors) Make sure your second color is good and hot.

What are you pouring? I use lee pots for my pouring...I do three color pours pretty easy.

I have a 4 cavity drop shot worm mold. I generally pour the first color in two molds, then go with the second. They cool pretty quick so I dont get the mixing of the colors...I repeat the same for the third color...

Let me know if this helps.

there is a fine line between waiting too long and not waiting a little for the first color to cool a FEW degrees. it would appear by what you said you are pouring a little too early and late. hand pouring is far from hand injection; pouring is definitely an artform and requires the patience of Job to catch onto if you fight it. keep practicing and if its gonna happen it will for you!!

I don't mean to hijack the post but when pouring veins in plastics using a two piece mold do I pour the plastic in the two halves separately first and then put the mold together and pour the vein? If so, how do I keep the plastic from running out of the mold when I'm pouring the first two halves??

I don't mean to hijack the post but when pouring veins in plastics using a two piece mold do I pour the plastic in the two halves separately first and then put the mold together and pour the vein? If so, how do I keep the plastic from running out of the mold when I'm pouring the first two halves??

you have to wait until it skins up then pour in. if its a injection mold and you have a two color injector. Pour in the top or bottom color then let it skin up. Then shoot the other two colors in.

For the alumium molds I always keep them around 225 degrees. Never have any cold cracks and give you a litle more play with the time.

DaveFarley, if you are hand pouring a two piece mold you can pour half the mold while open, pour the vein on top of that half, then close the mold and pour the second half.

It is possible on some molds. Leave about 1/4" from the top with the first 2 colors, then close the mold like you said. The third color would need to be thin and hot so as not to clog up the sprue.