white03

Best Floating Plastisol?

Hey guys, looking for advice please.

I'm going to start into this hand pouring fun with a 8 - 10 inch lizard. Deciding now which mold to use and trying to learn by reading all I can on this site. :)

I want to pour the highest floating lizard I can make, and from reading here it appears different manufacturers have different plastisol's and each plastisol has different characteristics with different hardnesses.

The characteristic I'm most after is a plastisol's ability to float. So which brand and hardness floats the best and highest? What should I buy?

hope this is not a Chevy or Ford type question, don't want to start a debate. Just looking for good advice and to learn based on your experiences

Thanx guys!!

Bill

• Like 1

Go with the Chevy. Just kidding.

Unless things have drastically changed, I believe most brands float equally (unless otherwise stated). Personally, MF worked great for me. I had a few customers who would request super floating baits, then I would add some of the floating bubbles. Again, never any problems.

Good luck!