Coley

How To Build A Vacuum Former

I like your idea of placing the hot plate inside the vacuum box. When I built mine I just built a plywood box with holes drilled in the top. A separate frame that would hold the plastic sheet on all four sides was built and then it would be put into the oven to warm the plastic. The warmed plastic would then be transferred to the vacuum box. I like your idea a lot better. The use of the metal punch sheet is a great idea as well. Nice job. :yay:

Ben

Nice job!!

Question, Why couldn't we just combine all the pieces into one unit and lay the plastic over the baits at the same time as it is getting hot? And when the plastic heats up enough then we turn on the vac and it sucks the plastic over the baits. Just a thought.

I built mine like in this blog

www.vacuumformerplans.blogspot.com

but i am going to build a smaller one like Coleys

jeff

Great tutorial...built one yesterday. For the last 2 years I have been saving old packaging plastic and heating with a gun and shaping over my bait halves. This will be a nice change BUT, can you or someone please tell me where you get your plastic sheeting? I am having trouble locating some.

Great tutorial...built one yesterday. For the last 2 years I have been saving old packaging plastic and heating with a gun and shaping over my bait halves. This will be a nice change BUT, can you or someone please tell me where you get your plastic sheeting? I am having trouble locating some.

Just type "plastics suppliers" into your web browser along with the state you live in and you will find what you need. If you still can't find anything holler back and I can give you the name of a company I've used in Dallas.

Ben