mikefishnfl

Best Finish Spinner Blades

Mike,

You will get a lot of answers here, as there are many good companies. It all depends what you are looking for and how much you want to pay. I have only bought from 2 places . Barlow's and Worth. Barlow's premium blades are excellent. They also have a premium mirror polished. Worth also has very high quality blades. Blades are a matter of personal choice. I also believe Jann's, Lure parts on line, Hagen's and Lakeland sell quality blades. The best blades I've seen are made from brass and then plated. Steel blades are the cheapest and the lowest quality even if you plate them.

I've used blades from Worth and Hagens and a few odd ball ones here and there from Janns to see if they'd meet my needs. Last I heard Janns obtained most of their blades from Worth - but I can't confirm this for sure.

I've never been disappointed by any of the blades from the above three companies.

Fatman

I will agree with Cadman, Worth has always been my favorite blade and swivel, but I think the best finish out on the market belongs to Hildebrandt, but at more than a dollar per blade with no quantity discount makes them unuseable for me. Lure parts online has a regal finished blade that is fairly priced and a finish that is extremely good, I have some of the copper blades and they are nice but more importantly they perform as well as they look.

I was looking into starting a tackle business so I received samples from the 3 main companies; Worth, Hagens and Lakeland. They sent my the premium ones and I decided to go with Lakeland. While the Hagens people were the best to deal with their premium plated blades were not as good as the others. Worth and Lakeland were very close in quality (I used gold and nickle finishes for comparison) but I chose Lakeland because they had more finish options. Hildrebrandt's are great but very expensive but they were bought out by someone and the last ones I saw in the store the quality looks like it has slipped.

Allen

I was looking into starting a tackle business so I received samples from the 3 main companies; Worth, Hagens and Lakeland. They sent my the premium ones and I decided to go with Lakeland. While the Hagens people were the best to deal with their premium plated blades were not as good as the others. Worth and Lakeland were very close in quality (I used gold and nickle finishes for comparison) but I chose Lakeland because they had more finish options. Hildrebrandt's are great but very expensive but they were bought out by someone and the last ones I saw in the store the quality looks like it has slipped.

Allen

Munkin is correct, Hildebrandt is now part of Yakima bait company, they make rooster tail spinners, under the Wordens name, crankbaits under the Poes name and spinner blades under the Hildebrandt name. The other are he is right about is the quality, it seems they have slipped from what they used to be but still remain high in price, I looked at some old Hildebrandt blades I have and compared them to some I got only a year ago, a friend got them for me to make him some spinnerbaits and he insisted on the Hildebrandt blades. After reading and replying to this post I looked and the blades and noticed the difference, the Hildebrandt blades are still good and still deserve a premium price but they aren't as good as others have an equally good blade at a much lower price. The Hildebrandt blades that are made today are about the same quality as the Lure Parts Online regal finish blades.

Hildebrandt! Maybe.....

But years ago I bought a bunch of 24k plated blades from either jann's or barlow's - can't remember. But they were very nice indeed. Still not as nice as Hildy. They are the nicest looking and running blades I've ever fished. But I haven't fished them in years and all the trusted brands on the market have been slipping bad lately, one right after another. Makes me wonder when the bottom will fall out on these money grubbing , corporate bean counters. I hope they get taught a lesson.

Edited by blazt*