Clint M

Wire Bending

I have an old Netcraft wire bender, but it's only good up to about .031 wire. It will make alot of stuff. I have yet to see anyone make a hook lear on the Boggs.

I also have a Worth hand wire former and if you know how to use it well you can turn out really nice stuff on it.

dleary - I know what the twist tech site says but as someon who actually has it give us a review please. I'd much rather hear what someone here says and not the manufacturer.

Thanks

Fatman

I have an old Netcraft wire bender, but it's only good up to about .031 wire. It will make alot of stuff. I have yet to see anyone make a hook lear on the Boggs.

I also have a Worth hand wire former and if you know how to use it well you can turn out really nice stuff on it.

dleary - I know what the twist tech site says but as someon who actually has it give us a review please. I'd much rather hear what someone here says and not the manufacturer.

Thanks

Fatman

What is a hook lear?

I use the twistech for all my salmon spinners, both larger and smaller. I never use anything bigger than .035 so it works great as is--I don't have the heavier head. It only does open or closed loops but I do make spreaders with it too. All I can say is I use it a ton and it works well for my application. I have to ditto Musky Glen, the round nose are great once you master the technique.

Clint M, are you going to make twists or loops and "r" bends? The reason I ask is I don't need to make twists as I don't make in-line spinners or closed eye spinnerbaits so what I use is the little blue bender, this will make "r" bends and swivel loops all day with ease. I use it for mainly "r" bends as I prefer to make the swivel loops with round nose pliers. Check it out if you don't need to make a lot of intricate bends.