Delw

Soft Plastic Cookbook

The way I've done sexy shad is a light blue top with a little pearl powder in it and a white pearl bottom. Then I take a q tip dipped in chartreuse and make a small line of chartreuse down the side.

I tried that last night. Its a good idea but my swimbaits are ribbed and it just looked a little off. I think it would be a great technique for smooth sided swimers.

Mine doesn't have ribs. Only other way I could see doing it would be to hand pour the top part of the mold as well as the bottom part. Let them set up a little then close and shoot the chartreuse vein. That's assuming your mold is oriented with the bait being cut in half top/bottom instead of side/side.

U GOT THIS CUSTOMER WHO WANTS ME TO MATCH A ZOOM COLOR.. ITS JUNEBUG RED.

I GOT IT REAL CLOSE WITH LC FL. PURPLE. LC BLK GRAPE ,LC ULTRA BLUE ,  AND A TOUCH OF BLK.. it has auqua an red flk.

i just cant get that ultra bright purple color on the thin parts when the bait is held up to light..

I LOOKED AN LOOKED ON FORUMS

PLZ HELP?

Edited by archery1

If I remember right, natural shad is just a smoke (drop of black for every 2 ounces of plastic) and a touch of medium black and gold flake.  This may vary depending on how much salt is used.

As for the the puke color, it's hard to tell from the pic, but I'd say a transparent brown with some green hi-lite.........other than black, I can't really see the flake colors.....

okay thanks was hoping I was able to mix some colors to make a torquiose,thanks for the info

If you have green hi-lite, you can add a touch of that to blue and that would also give you turquoise.......

.....or........add blue hi-lite to a basic green.  That confusing enough for ya?  LOL

• Like 1