Delw

Soft Plastic Cookbook

On 8/16/2019 at 10:48 AM, keakar said:

fish only see shades of gray so the color is more to satisfy the fisherman then the fish

once you get like 2 ft down most colors look nothing like they did in your hand

find some color that catches fish for you and then try a few different shades of that to see if results are better or worse

Hold your plastic lure up to the lights in your kitchen and look through them. Thats about wat the fish sees.

Hello, is there a pdf containing all the recipes? I got a pdf a couple years back but alot of the recipes seemed off and incomplete. Is there a updated pdf version out there with all the newer added recipes that someone can direct me in the directions to download? Thanks in advanced...

5 hours ago, Famous Amos said:

Can you explain why my open poured silicone molds dont come out shiny except for the top of the bait?

Your posting this question in the wrong spot..  Ask in the Soft Plastics Thread below the Pinned topics.

Anyway . put a very thin amount of Worm oil on the inside of mold before pouring. 

Edited by Bass-Boys

On 9/7/2020 at 12:55 PM, Phoenix said:

Anyone have a recipe for Yamamoto Baby Bass

I would personally try Lurecraft green pumpkin, it’s more on the green side than Do-It molds green pumpkin brown for obvious reasons. I would add 10-15 drops of it to your plastisol and just looking off a picture I’d say 1/4-1/2 tea spoon .008 or .015 silver flake and the same amount and size of black flake 

On 2/14/2021 at 5:59 AM, Famous Amos said:

Can you explain why my open poured silicone molds dont come out shiny except for the top of the bait?

I don’t have a lot of experience with open pour molds but what I do is I take a Q-tip and dip it in worm oil and coat each cavity in worm oil along with putting a splash of worm oil in the plastisol itself and that seeks to give it a good shine 

Just now, Kyler M said:

I don’t have a lot of experience with open pour molds but what I do is I take a Q-tip and dip it in worm oil and coat each cavity in worm oil along with putting a splash of worm oil in the plastisol itself and that seeks to give it a good shine and also helps the baits come outta the mold just a hair easier 

On 2/25/2021 at 10:38 AM, Adamhinklefishing said:

Anyone have the Zoom Green Pumpkin recipe dialed? Everything I’m making is coming out too close to a brownish watermelon. 

I’m not trying to brag but I feel like my green pumpkin is damn near perfect to Zoom’s. I start with 2 cups plastisol, 15-20 drops Do-It Molds green pumpkin brown colorant, add 1/2-3/8 tea spoon .040 black flake and 1.5 table spoons salt