bubbasblazer

Air Bubbles {{help}}

Hey guys, I'm new to the site, but been messing with pouring soft plastics here and there for bass fishing. I have a few senko type RTV molds. The 4inch ones come out great every time, but my 6in. mold I have problems when pouring I get about 2 inches of good worm at the bottom then I seem to get an air bubble that cant escape, when I pull it from the mold I got a good bottom half one sided middle section then a good top 2 inches or so. I use the soft formula LureCraft plastic heated on a hotplate heated to just before smoking or slightly smoking to get it thinned out and use the pouring cup they sell which is nothing more thn a camping cup with a wooden handle screwed to it. I think I keep my pouring speed the same throughout the process. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The top is belled out a little and need to over puor just a bit since the plastic will contract a little when cooling. I like to squeeze the mold to help it come out. Just grab to top excess and slowly pull it out, trim off the bell and you got a plastic stick bait. Pics to follow later this evening.

Hmmm. Never seem that. Still not sure how you get the fat part through the skinny hole LOL.

Getting the plastic hot and thin as you tried. I assume you are using heavy salt which thickens it up again. Are you pouring straight down? Not sure if you can warm a silicone mold up.

I have a two piece aluminum 5.25" hand pour four cavity mold if you are interested in buying that.

...Bill

I can tell you one thing for sure get rid of that cup and get yourself a used microwave and a pyrex cup you will get better results, when buying the pyrex check all the cups on the shelf for the ones with the most narrow pour spout they are not created equal. Read all safety recommendations and have at it I'm sure you'll be pleased with results and if you can liberate that mold from MonteSS I can attest that it makes a great bait.