Wooly

Frog Hair Bands Per Jig

Quick question - - how many tabs do you guys usually use of the frog hair skirts. I normally use 2.5 tabs for my regular skirts, however I haven't tied many frog hair. I'm thinking it will take 3 full tabs. Any info is much appreciated !!! (P.S. -- I'm talking about the silicone frog hair, not the rubber -- the overall width is much smaller)

It all depends on what kind of bait it is. I don't use all frogs hair in a skirt, I usually use it in combination with regular silicone strands, by doing that I can make a skirt appear much fuller without have a lot more strands. For jigs 3/8oz and up I normally make a 60 strand skirt which is 3 full tabs but if I want it just a bit lither but still have that look I'll use 1 and 1/2 tabs of normal and a full tab of frogs hair, now I used 1/2 tab less but the skit appears fuller as the thinner strands peek out between the gaps of the normal strands if that makes sense to you. For spinnerbaits 1/4oz and up I'm using 40 strand skirts, or 2 full tabs and it doesn't change as I don't normally use frogs hair on spinnerbaits over 1/4oz but even thos I use 1 tab of frogs hair and 1 tab of normal silicone. So if you use 2.5 tabs for regular skirts, try 2 of the frogs hair and a half of normal, it sounds like it won't work but believe me, they complement each other, especially in the water as the frogs hair seperates faster but falls slower than normal stuff when used on a jig, a good combo that you should try and see if you like it.