swimb8s

Unclear About Plastisol Not Pouring Clear

I have never poured before, so I tried a small amount of the plastisol with some hardner and a bit of purple dye. The first time I smoked and burned because I heated to long, repeat and now didn't finish pour before it all gelled. Next pour flowed but then bubbles big time, tried once more and the same thing and even bigger bubbles. And the it is not even close to being clear with or without color , looks opaque even though I ordered clear plastisol.

Thanks for the help, and great looking stuff you guys are making !!!!

X2 what he said . There are a lot of variables before you even heat the plastisol most all settle so you have to shake it ,stir it or something before you ever cook it . Use an IR meat thermometer or something to keep a close eye on that temp . Anything over 350 you're headed into a danger zone . The colors will change on you with more than one reheat so only mix what you can use up in one set .

I am trying to pour tails for the Slammers and other lures I have made ,I am using a micro to heat the plastisol for about a minute initially then 20 secs after that ,stir and heat again, looks like I need to buy thermometer

Thanks for any info guys