CedarLakeMusky

Double Blades Won't Spin

I built an inline double bladed bucktail and I can't get the blades to spin. Once in awhile they will spin if I jerk it but not every time. I have #10 blades in it. I have read some previous posts for info and changed a few things on it. Added some more beads. I was wondering if somebody could give me some pointers. I will attach a picture.IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

post-24287-0-65283900-1342792164_thumb.jpg

It is the bottom blade causing your problem, it needs to be turned the other way. Braided line doesn't understand that when you say spin it means rotating around the shaft as he is thinking you want the blades to spin independently so disregard that. Anyway, like I said, turn the blade on the bottom upside down and it should solve your problem, let us know how it works out as that is a nice muskiy bait.

Smalljaw, I have a mm double showgirl where the blades are set like mine. The only difference is they use two single clevises and I'm using one double clevis. Don't you want both blades color or print facing the line tie. If I switch the bottom blade the cup of the blade will face the line tie and the print will face the skirt. I am new to making inline spinners so I don't know much about it. I will give your idea a try. Thank you.

I don't see anything wrong with the way your blades are on the clevis. I have not used the S-clevis when I make my own double tens. When I use the single clevis I will make sure that each end is parallel and bend as needed before I put it on the shaft with the blade. I have heard that the s-clevis can be tricky to get to work correctly. Make sure the 3 parts that go through the shaft are all parallel to each other. Should be able to use a pair of needle nose pliers to do any minor bending that may be needed.

Smalljaw, I have a mm double showgirl where the blades are set like mine. The only difference is they use two single clevises and I'm using one double clevis. Don't you want both blades color or print facing the line tie. If I switch the bottom blade the cup of the blade will face the line tie and the print will face the skirt. I am new to making inline spinners so I don't know much about it. I will give your idea a try. Thank you.

You are correct, I'm sorry, I didn't look at the blown up picture only the thumbnail and I thought I saw the brass backside of the indiana, I didn't see they were colored blades until now. Maybe try two seperate clevises .

I adjusted the S-clevis and the blades seem to spin easy. I tried it out and still seem to have the same issue. Sometimes they will spin with a jerk of the rod. I think I will try two single clevises like suggested. When you hold the spinner vertical the bottom edge of the blades should clear the bucktail right? I know that was my first problem. They were touching the bucktail so I added more beads. Now the blades clear the bucktail by about 3/4 of an inch. I was also wondering if the postion of the blades to the lure body plays a role in the blades spinning? I keep having to cut my wire shaft and place the components on a new shaft when making adjustments. I suppose there is no way around this other than wrecking a wire shaft by trial and error?

Thanks for all the help so far.

CLM