MikePaintsBaits

Craw Walker

Hi Mike,

I just stumbled across this thread. My Dad, Rod Cannon, created the Craw-Walker and was the founder owner of Feature Lures.  This was back in the eighties.

I happen to have a small stash of these, and some in the original packaging. But sadly I don't know if the molds are still available.  The company was sold to Howard's tackle and they did not pursue to continue making or selling these.

It's fun to see this post!  I'll try to attach a picture later...

Cheers Brady 

3 hours ago, bbcannon said:

Hi Mike,

I just stumbled across this thread. My Dad, Rod Cannon, created the Craw-Walker and was the founder owner of Feature Lures.  This was back in the eighties.

I happen to have a small stash of these, and some in the original packaging. But sadly I don't know if the molds are still available.  The company was sold to Howard's tackle and they did not pursue to continue making or selling these.

It's fun to see this post!  I'll try to attach a picture later...

Cheers Brady 

Even though this post is over 10 years old, I'm blown away reading this! 

Welcome to TU, Brady, and Merry Christmas! 

• Like 2

If someone wanted to pursue creating a mold, I might send a few of the Crawalker bodies and skirts.  Strictly speaking it probably can't be for resale since the rights were sold.  And today there are a number of baits that are similar... although the L-rig jig is a big part of how this lure works.  Dad spent a lot of time with an aquarium, playing with the shape to get just the right motion and cause it to come to rest in a defensive position with claws up, like a crawdad would.