youthinthewild

Freestyle Lure Painting Contest Begins Now!

Fellow Tackle-Undergrounders,

I just learned from youthinthewild that he only got three entires in the contest. Stop and think about that for a minute - out of the thousands of members on this forum (17,713 to be exact), only three entered this contest.

The lures were only for display and for the boys to judge - they were going to be sent back to the makers after the contest. How much does it cost to ship a lure? About $5. We spend hundreds of times that on lure-building supplies each year, but we can't spend $5 to mail one lure to try to help out boys who don't have fathers?

I know for a fact that the TU community has a lot of great guys in it. They've helped me out a bunch, and just looking at their work in the gallery is inspiration to try to become a better builder and painter. We help out guys trying to learn to build lures - why not help out a guy who's working with boys who for one reason or another don't have fathers?

There's going to be another contest in January. Let's try to make it much better than this one was.

Youthinthewild, count me in for the next go-round. I'll have something ready to go whenever.

Sincerely,

Ben Maske

YouthintheWind let me apologize for not sending the lures I said I was. Been pretty tough around home lately. My mother is fighting a battle with breast cancer and not doing to well. Haven't been able to get a lot of painting done over the last couple months but hopefully things will get better. Again I am deeply sorry and you will receive lures from my son and I for the next contest .................Joe

Wish I would have never entered this contest.  I was the winner of the contest but I wish I wasn't.  Over 3 months have went by with no trophy/plaque, money or a good explanation.  I would have been better off keeping my lure and fishing with it!!!  What a waste of time and money making a lure for a contest that might not even be real.  I don't know what to believe.  Lots of false promises.  I think this was a contest that was unorganized from the beginning and I got caught up in it.  All I want at this point is my lure back!!  I am not happy and I think I will quit typing before I say something I shouldn't.

Wow, this is sad. I have spent 15 years in a boys ministry called the Royal Rangers but have been out of it for about 6 yrs now. Youthinthewild is only 15 minutes away and as I was reading the posts I was getting excited about getting involved with his program. I'm really disappointed he didn't come through. Our bass club takes Brownies/Girl scouts fishing every year and it's a blast to see them catch their first fish.

I am very sorry Cedar My wife has been in and out of hospital just this month to hospital 8 separate times 3x by ambulance Since finding  out she has a tumor on her brain and Fibromyalga which makes daily living feel like hell.I never said anything to Cedar about this because i dont like to make excuses and for that i am sorry Cedar.Guys i started this before i found any of this out and it has turned my life into a Tornado.....I will make good on this Cedar If you can give me till next week my money is very tight right now but i will make it happen and yes i am embarrased about this AGIAN I AM SORRY Cedar Hope you can forgive.