smalliebiggs

In Follow Up To My Equipment Post (Lee Pot Question)

I have been out today looking for a used microwave and hot plate or griddle.  I didn't find anything at Goodwill and the couple microwaves I found in pawn shops did not interest me.  I did not go into Wal Mart (The parking lot was full and I didn't want to fight the crowd.) but the cheapest microwave on their website is $40 plus dollars. 

I have read through several of the older posts on this site and and note that the Lee pots get mixed reviews.  Please educate me as to the pros and cons of buying a Lee Pot for $60 plus dollars verses the cost of probably a new microwave, silicon cups, etc. etc.  I will explain below what I intend to do in order to help you advise me accordingly:

I intend to pour one style of worm that I am no longer able to buy.  Any number of you probably have the mold and could pour it for me but I think it would be fun to do it myself.  (Which means, of course, that once I get started in pouring I will get the fever and be pouring other styles. LOL)  I will be pouring a few hundred at a time of one color and will probably only be pouring watermelon, green pumpkin, a couple smoke colors and junebug. 

Thanks again in advance for your responses.