Griffond

Feathered Bucktail How-To By Northern Scripture

Hi guys I have been talking with Northern Scripture on FB for awhile now and mentioning to him he should post his how to make bucktail videos here but seeing his job load has increased and been crazy actually making and selling his lures he asked if I could post the videos for him it is a three part series on how to make a feathered bucktail lure. Enjoy! and if you have any questions for him he does have an account on TU, or youtube or facebook so ask away he said he would do his best right now to answer all that he gets. 

Edited by Griffond

@Griffond

Thank you for posting this great tutorial by Northern Scripture. :yay:  I have been studying for the past three days and put my first spinner together tonight. Really enjoyed the experience. 

@Northern Scripture. Thank you for making the video and sharing how it is done. Awesome!!!!! :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  I know I am going to catch fish with the baits I create with the lessons you have shared here.

Thank you!!!!

Here is a look at the bait.......

first spinner.jpg

first spinner.jpg

first spinner.jpg

first spinner.jpg

first spinner.jpg

first spinner.jpg

first spinner.jpg

first spinner.jpg

post-26144-0-73492800-1381127062_thumb.jpg

Nice job Littleriver. I've been looking at his stuff for awhile. Have been doing some with marabou and a few hackles but I have a way to go. Haven't had a chance to try either those or the plugs I made for Muskie. May give them a swim tomorrow on a trout trip just to see how the action is.

bill

Thanks Bill.

Northern's baits definitely have fish and fisherman appeal. I too have been looking for some time but when I saw the tutorial I pulled the trigger.

I took this bait out for a test drive today. All those feather looked great with tons of movement. Lots of little quivers with each turn of that colorado blade. Only had about 10 minutes at the duck pond but the bait did draw a couple of strikes from small bass but no hookups. I was surprised by how buoyant the bait is on initial dip. I should have used more weight for sure but worked good for a slow rolled bait.  To keep it down, the speed has to be limited more than I like. I am assuming more weight will give more speed at deeper depths. 

Hope you get a chance to take yours out tomorrow. Good luck! :yay:  I am really happy with this one. :)  

Oh and the only other thing about using feathers that is important to know is don't leave them wet in your tacklebox make sure they get dried off well either hang em out the car window on the way home or take a blow drier to them for a minute to get most of the water off of them. 

@Griffond

Thanks again for posting the videos. I do have a bullet weight under the thread. Spinner works great. But I wanted the bait to fall evenly. Now it sinks head first. I am thinking more weight might get the back of the bait to sink faster. I am locking down the rear weight with the feathers in hopes it sill reduce the lure spinning. More weight may allow faster speeds without the bait spinning.

I was thinking today as I was driving around town with the lure hanging out the window I have to install a spinner rack on the car.