clumzy

Basstackle Cook Book

Just curious if anyone uses basstackles colorants?  Anyone have a cook book on just basstackle colorant instead of LC?  Some basic colors im looking to perfect is watermelon red flake, pumpkin seed, junebug, and cotton candy.  I ordered all of there colors and want to perfect these colors with basstackles colorants.  thanks

If no one here has a recipe for you then your best option is to go it alone and try each recipe on your own. That is the route I would go anyways so you can get the color exactly how you want it. Most color recipes will follow a linear pattern meaning if you use 4 drops of a color in 1/4 cup of plastic you will use 8 drops of said color in a 1/2 cup. Knowing this I would suggest starting out with 1/4 cup of plastic and counting each and every drop you put in and progressing forward one drop at a time. Catalog everything you do from drops of each colorant, size, shape and color of flake and how much if it you put in until you make a color you like that way you can make that color repeatedly and successfully. I haven't used bass tackle colorants before so I can't help you out with a recipe unfortunately but I do know that my junebug with bears and lure craft colorants requires a lot of colorant to get that deep rich junebug color then you just go crazy with the green flake (I use .015 and .040 green) and a touch of green hi lite to give it a nice shimmer in the water. Good luck! Let us see some results after you try out those colorants, I'm interested to see the results!

To be honest you prolly won't find a recipe with just one sources colorant, seems everybody buys from various suppliers it's just the way it goes sometimes it pays to buy in small volumes such as the 1oz bottles until you know what you want, believe me it won't go to waste you'll find a way to use it.

To be honest you prolly won't find a recipe with just one sources colorant, seems everybody buys from various suppliers it's just the way it goes sometimes it pays to buy in small volumes such as the 1oz bottles until you know what you want, believe me it won't go to waste you'll find a way to use it.

+1

For example, I used primarily Lure Craft and MF colors.  MF's pumpkin is much lighter than LC's, but left alone and it can make a very nice cinnamon color.  You just have to play around with it and see what works best for YOU.