northrivergeek

After A Long Stretch Of No Lure Making .. I'm Back Again

I've not posted anything here in a very long time ... was making baits for a couple years... then 2009 economy went south .. lost my job.. sold every thing .. or darn near everything I owned to pay the bills.. now I'm back on top .. my world has become stable.. and slowly buying stuff to ramp up production again.. I still had a few hundred lure bodies already to be painted.. on hand ... but sold my air brush equip.. compressor, saws etc ..

Seeing folks here using PVC was a shock .. never crossed my mind prior to seeing here lately.. rushed out to home depot and bought a 6 ft piece to try it out .. just cut my first few bodies.. .. had to go on the hunt for my lips box.. found all kinds of stuff I hadn't seen in a few yrs .. G10 sheets.. lexan sheets.. many boxes of trebles.. this weekend gonna build a few to test.. I was at Bass Pro Shop in Sevierville, TN last weekend.. thought about buying some of the cranks.. I bet I picked up and put down 50 .. I just kept think I can make stuff this good and better .. don't pay 10-20 each go back home and make your own !

So .. the only thing I bought was some bags of plastic clearance BPS worms and a couple big spools of line..  I saw a guy buy 1000 bucks worth or crankbaits.. just kept thinking buddy u could make them for pennies each.. 

I told a couple guys looking at balsa baits and complaining about the cost .. they could make their own .. they looked at me like I was insane.. pulled out my phone .. showed them pics of mine.. and then told them to visit TU.. they left just giddie.. like two little kids..

Well after way too long away .. I am back .. watch for new pics of my baits... for those that dont know me .. or remember me .. here are a few of my last lures I made 

40c29be9-2e28-488e-8e08-95c0aae045c8_zps

041006055.jpg

Edited by northrivergeek
  • Like 2

Well I was back .. now I wont be able to make any lures till late spring .. just got notified by my company that I will be on the road doing windows 7 migrations till at least may.. 2 weeks in Connecticut starting Monday then down to Florida for a month,, then back up to PA, then back to TN to do several sites including my home office .. and maybe some in southwest,, There goes my fishing too.. hope to get to do at least some salt water fishing in FL. one of those party boats.. since I cant bring much on the plane with me... may pick up a travel pack rod along the way

I feal your your pain. I to have been gone for a while just working working working. Started my own business 5 years ago and has consumed a lot of time ended up breaking my ankle so I have a little extra time now. Isnt that the way life gos feast or famine! Either you have time and no money or money and no time. Work hard and the nice thing is its like riding a bike and its always here when you make it back. Good luck!

I think you should put together a travel lure making kit. Pack it up like the salespeople of old used to. Have some built in legs so your suitcase becomes your work station. Get a little air compressor like the make up people use. It would probably keep you out of trouble after hours on the road. I can see it now, get a real old suitcase, plaster the outside with fishing decals etc.

• Like 1

I think you should put together a travel lure making kit. Pack it up like the salespeople of old used to. Have some built in legs so your suitcase becomes your work station. Get a little air compressor like the make up people use. It would probably keep you out of trouble after hours on the road. I can see it now, get a real old suitcase, plaster the outside with fishing decals etc.

How would you get that through airport security?  They'd probably have you committed to a mental ward if you tried to explain why you had all the stuff in a suitcase!  Hahaha