Thomas1996

Favorite Crayfish Soft Plastic

Was wondering what everybody's favorite craw soft plastic lure is. I would like to make a Plaster of Paris mold of a good craw. I have tried to mold a paca craw but had no luck due to the claws being to thin and not allowing enough plastic to fill them. Any replies would be appreciated.

Edited by Thomas1996

Believe it or not, my favorite is actually the Salty B-Bug from lure parts online.

It's a knockoff of the Beaver. I prefer the 4 inch size, but the 3 inch also works good for tougher bites.

The 4 inch bait caught more fish for me and my guide clients this past season than any other bait. I also won a lot of money using it in tournaments. My favorite color is Watermelon/Red Flake.

Yeah those do seem to be really popular with people these days, they are very pricey though. I looked at the ultra vibe craws and I will most likely order some this week. I like how they have a slender body and like you said the price is great!

I never liked the Rage craws. They tore up too easily in my opinion. Zoom speed and Ultravibe craws in watermelon/red flake and watermelon seed were my go to baits until I started making my own. I bet you can't guess which two colors I learned to pour first. :P

Berkley havoc pit boss hands down... I have never had a boater beat me on a craw bait bite with anything against these. Closest was a near draw with my buddy flipping a paca craw but that was flipping reeds and they'd bite darn near anything you thumped into them with.

the action of the flaps and the glide on the pause is insane with them. Amazing hook slot setup for killer hook up ratio too!

Zoom big critter craw in watermelon red hands down my favorite most productive soft plastic.I'll use black and blue in the early spring but after that it's watercress the rest of the year . This bait doesn't appear to have any action just gets bit it looks very realistic in the water on sunny days. Drives my fishing buddy crazy he says it doesn't move at all just falls but when a craw bite is on I'll put it on him every time.he's just to hard headed to use it. I made a mold using Bondo and hand pour replicas when I get enough used plastics built up to melt down and pour never have gotten into pouring plastics other than this