VanderLaan

Question Re: Mixing Paint...

I use the little plastic cups like those used in the hospital that the nurses bring your pills in. You can find them at your local pharmacy for a couple cents apiece. They're flexible enough that you can bend the rim of the cup together to make a sort of pouring spout and you can rinse them out to use again. They also make great cups for mixing epoxy in.

Ben

Edited by RayburnGuy

I mix mine right in the airbrush cup. I can get my color where I want most of the time if not an extra drop or two of paint can get it right on target. Having said that I have started mixing a couple common colors, like bass green, in those little condiment cups and so far, with the lid on, they have not dried.

I use the small cups like you get sauce in at the pizza place think they are called party cups they come with a lid that also doubles as an epoxy mixing cup for me in small amounts don't think I would store paint in them though not air tight you can get them at walmart 50 for 3 bucks I think

I use the small cups like you get sauce in at the pizza place think they are called party cups they come with a lid that also doubles as an epoxy mixing cup for me in small amounts don't think I would store paint in them though not air tight you can get them at walmart 50 for 3 bucks I think

I use the salsa cups and lids from my local Mexican take-out.

I like the aluminum epoxy mixing pans.  You can bend a pour spout in the edge, if you want.  I usually draw my paint out with a plastic pipette, and drip it in my airbrush.  The pans are inexpensive, and easy to clean.  The pipettes are also cheap, and usually flush out with water to be used again without contaminating your next color.