cadman

Barlow's Order Fulfillment And Shipping Stinks

Has anyone else had really slow response in placing orders from Barlow's? I called in an order on Monday the 27th of Jan. The girl told me a couple of days. Here it is Saturday and no package. I ordered a couple packs of 50 hooks. I can't believe it takes that long to process and send this order. Unfortunately  LPO doesn't stock these hooks, otherwise I would have gotten them from LPO. This is so sad, beyond the point of being mad. :pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:  If I would have known this was going to happen I would have bought them elsewhere. If you want something quickly don't go here. Thanks for listening to my rant.

So LPO listen up and stock more hooks.

Edited by cadman

My last order was 2 weeks ago and my stuff came in reasonable time but the cost is nuts, they went from being one of my favorite places to one I only use if I have no choice because the shipping cost is higher than anyone else. BTW, you order may be running late due to bad weather in the South, everything is being delayed that is coming from or going to southern destinations.

My problem with Barlows is they don't back order items.  You order your stuff and when you get your package it says items out of stock reorder at another time.  The whole time you are waiting on your order you could have ordered the items that were out of stock from another place.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. It's just that when I tell my customers a ship date I don't go back on my word. I figured 5 days ought to be enough to get 100 hooks here. Now I don't even know if they processed the order. I call all my orders in this way they can't screw it up. Hopefully it shipped. I will find out Monday for sure.

I placed an order recently with LPO and received the order in 2 days with no shipping charges.......

Lure Parts Online gets my business.......

Trust me if LPO would have these hooks, I would never bought them from Barlow's. I have had the same service you had for regular orders I got everything in 2 days. Plus once I had some bad hooks, and they replaced them for me in two days no questions asked. Maybe Barlow's can take some pointers!

My problem with Barlows is they don't back order items.  You order your stuff and when you get your package it says items out of stock reorder at another time.  The whole time you are waiting on your order you could have ordered the items that were out of stock from another place.

I hope this doesn't happen, because then I would have to look for another place to buy my hooks from to fill my current order. I would have ordered these from Shorty's, but their shipping is high as well for small quantities, plus I ordered one other item from Barlow's since I was placing an order with them. All I can do is wait until Monday.

Barlow's has always been good to me.

They will also ship me stuff like paints that nobody else will ship to AK. It takes longer as it can't ship via air but they always get it to me.

I like their shipping prices too.

Trust me when you live in Alaska you will ALWAYS get screwed on shipping. Barlows has always had reasonable shipping to AK for me.

That and they always seem to have everything I need which is a rarity.

I like LPO as well but as you said thy don't always have everything I need.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. It's just that when I tell my customers a ship date I don't go back on my word. I figured 5 days ought to be enough to get 100 hooks here. Now I don't even know if they processed the order. I call all my orders in this way they can't screw it up. Hopefully it shipped. I will find out Monday for sure.

Sound to me like you should be mad at yourself for not having the hooks on hand to build the lures you guarantee.  Doesn't sound like Barlow's fault at all...I don't believe they guarantee a delivery date.

Sound to me like you should be mad at yourself for not having the hooks on hand to build the lures you guarantee.  Doesn't sound like Barlow's fault at all...I don't believe they guarantee a delivery date.

If you have ever ordered there you know that normally you receive your order in 4 or 5 days, and it has been like that for a long time, we all have order there for years. I don't blame Ted for getting mad because his order should have arrived for the price they charge, and if you purchased anything from other stores then you know that Barlows has the most expensive shipping out of the vendors we all normally use.  We all like Barlows but when they charge top dollar for shipping then I expect it to be sent out in a timely manner and they always were one of the most reliable vendors around but lately the shipping is taking longer than normal and they don't provide a tracking number, my last order I paid more than $10 dollars shipping and it was sent regular mail, for that price it should have been sent priority but it is what it is. Cadman had a date in mind based off the other 1000 orders he has placed with Barlows, he is just a little mad that they aren't as reliable as they once were that is all so no need to pick, he was just venting.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply. After you being on Tackle Underground with 5 posts, and you have the gall to tell me how I should run my business? You don't even know me well enough to make any comments. So maybe you should introduce yourself first instead of coming on here with guns blazing. First of all, the order I am filling was a special order. I don't happen to stock every hook in the world for every possible situation. But I suppose you do, since you seem to have the answer to my solution. Well since you have my solution why don't you send me the hooks and I'll pay you.

Edited by cadman

Thanks for your reply. After you being on Tackle Underground with 5 posts, and you have the gall to tell me how I should run my business? You don't even know me well enough to make any comments. So maybe you should introduce yourself first instead of coming on here with guns blazing. First of all, the order I am filling was a special order. I don't happen to stock every hook in the world for every possible situation. But I suppose you do, since you seem to have the answer to my solution. Well since you have my solution why don't you send me the hooks and I'll pay you.

Well maybe you shouldn't accept a special order if you don't have the ability to fill that order.  Just sounds like common sense to me.  I don't need a bunch of post to know that it is common sense not to promise if you can't keep tht promise.  You are just passing blame for your lack of common sense.

If all you can do is complain about Barlow's shipping then why do you order from Barlow's?  Find another source or make your merchandise with probucts you can purchase elsewhere...again common sense.

Also,  if I had the hooks you needed I would not sell them to your.  You would probably try to pass some other blame on to me like if they didn't atch fish.

Edited by Kovacs69

Welcome. Your going to make alot of friends here. Cadman is one of the guy's that goes out of his way all the time helping others. Not a good way to start.

Cadman send a PM for the hooks you need. If I have them they are yours.

Edited by flippinfool

Kovacs69 I would like to see you, at some point, be a contributing member of this forum but no one needs you to contribute your criticism of reputable members based on your flawed common sense.  As Smalljaw pointed out, when you are in business for many years you get to know your suppliers and how long it takes to get your orders so yes you can and do give your customers a ship date and that is common sense in our business.

Cadman, I feel your pain brother.  There is nothing worse then having to tell a customer there is a problem and then having to give them a discount and/or some free products.

• Like 1

Wow. I don't thinkk ANYONE has helped as many people here as he has. Maybe you can tell by all the replies to you, he is a major contributor here either from knowledge, or getting things for people.

Myself, I only order stuff there I can't get from the distributor. Never had any issue with them on shipping times.

Edited by BLT

I buy 98% of my hooks from Shorty's.(wholesale only) I have ordered items from Barlow's-1-2x annualy for years and have always recieved them promptly.I don't think their shipping charges are out of line but for those who seem to believe they are-order from another supplier-Jann's,TW,LPO,Hagens vs. complaining.