bass100

Never Slip Bait Tape

Those of you guys that have or are thinking of buying this tape from Tackle Warehouse "DON'T".

This is nothing more than self fusing silicone tape sometimes called Rescue tape and also a type of electrical tape.  It is easy to find Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, even Bass Pro Shops sells it by the roll.  The stuff you buy under the name Never Slip Bait Tape cost $3.49 per 5 pieces of tape.  You can buy a 12 foot 1 inch wide roll for $9.99 to $15 and get 360 pieces.  The same amount of tape from Never Slip Bait Tape would cost you $251.28.  I bought my tape off of Ebay for a steal.  14 rolls of tape for $15.  1 roll will last you a couple of years.  Here is a link so you can see what it is used for.

I use Rescue tape for a lot of stuff, and keep a roll in my boat, but never thought about using it for soft plastics.  

That seems like a lot of work, compared to O rings, or even small sections of plastic drinking straws.

Plus, I would never roll my baits on my carpet.  That worm oil is hard to clean up.

I love Jarrett and his show, but I'll pass on his tape.

I thought the same thing. I carry 3 different size orings for my different baits. I got rid of them and saved alot of space. The tape works so much better. I also use zip ties on odd shaped baits when I am Neko rigging, I got rid of the zip ties too. Clear tape is the only color you need. Give it a try.

I never use what I call a do noth'in bait . I especiallly wouldn't use something that tears out the first jerk  . Then try to find ways to keep that bait malfunction from happening . Call me lazy , frugal or just plain nuts . It is what it is . LOL

Great call on that one bass100 . Thanks for the vid it was a hoot .

I agree I might use a senko once a year but it is great for my grubs and small swimbaits that I use on open hook jig heads.  I might get 1 to 3 smallies on a grub or swimbait before it pulls down on every cast and that is when I super glue them to the jig head.  Now I get the use of out of one bait what I use to get out of 5 or six baits.  It isn't for everyone but if you do use the tape don't spend a pile of money on something that you can get for pennies.  I started using the tape last year after a buddy showed me but I didn't see the video till the other day, I did't even know they were selling tape at inflated prices till I saw the video.  It angered me enough to make this post so people are informed.

At 1:35 the guy rolls the Senko on the carpet of the boat.  I know he said "if you don't have a towel and fish out of a boat", but c'mon..........who doesn't have a towel on the boat when fishing??!  And why would you roll an oily bait on the carpet??  Boat carpets get plenty messed up without doing that!  The guy should have said, "If you don't have a towel, wipe the bait on your shirt!".  LOL

Sorry, fellas.  Rant over.  :D

• Like 1