Walking Dead

Aluminium Injection Swimbait Mold For Two Colors

Hello, looking for an swim bait injection mold that allows hand pouring of the belly and then hand injector shooting for the top portion of the body.  The ones I have located appears to be set for twin injectors.  I only pour for my self and a buddy so trying to keep the equipment down.  Want a 4-5 inch version.

Any recommendations?

By design a swim bait with a GOOD tail is hard to machine. Most designs have an angle to them which does not allow it to be a top bottom mold they are side to side molds. You really liming your self that way. You will find a few fluke types but not paddle tails. The best by far are the ones from Basstackle with a flat thin tail. Any of those types would be a great baits no matter the body style. Have your buddy's chip in and get a Twinjector this way you have way more options.

I found that a top pour silicone mold works best for me.  Mine is a 5" and has a flat top, but the fish don't seem to mind.

i bought one, liked it, and bought another.  I made a wire rack to hold a weighted hook suspended in the mold when I pour.  It's posted somewhere in the soft bait gallery.

I get them here, and they are way cheaper than aluminum molds:

http://www.lurecraft.com/catalog.cfm/molds/plastic-molds/swim-baits/5x894:2359