mrbass

Painting Wiggle Wart Sp90

What's so special about this color? I've heard it talked about a lot. I only have experience fishing wiggle warts for salmon and steelhead and have never thought they may work for other things. I do like the color though.

I'm not really sure but I think it's kind of a ozark regional cult following. It will work other places though. Maybe the fish just don't see a whole lot of pepto colored baits or had an upset stomach.

Sticking my nose in here...

Red is the shotest wavelength of light. Water absorbs/filters it first even in crystal clear water. A few feet down and red becomes gray. That is why Red Snappper are red, it is actually camoflage.

And there is still an arguement on what fish can see what colors and if they see ultraviolet.

WOW fishing is tough, I know.......that's why it is called; "Fishing not Catching".

I don't have and cant afford a old one of these baits. Can somebody give me a clue of to what color

those sides are. redish brown? pinkish brown?The back in pics looks to be green as well as stripes

I saw some ads claiming pre-Rapala warts for less than $10 on Ebay the other day. I don't have any way of being certain if the sellers even know what they're talking about so "caveat emptor ". These particular warts were not the more popular colors so maybe they're right. If your looking for lures to repaint they may be worth checking out. Just be sure of what your buying before you make the purchase.

Ben

Ben, $10 is about a normal number for a Pre-Rapala "off" color. I've bought several on feEbay with my limit set at $10.50. Some of them are new...just not "good" colors. But, what do I care? I'm gonna strip 'em, anyway. I've repainted and sold several of the ones I bought but not for any astronomical amount of money. I can't seem to master those cartoonish craw patterns that really bang. :mad: I do know that a clear lip will cost ya more money. I bought a lot of 6 from this one seller and only 2 of the lures were stamped "Wiggle Wart" on the underside of the lip. I contacted him and we squared up. If it reads "Storm" (or nothing at all)....it ain't the real deal...unless, of course, the letterin' has worn off. The sound difference will not wear off, however. Like so many other things...I just had to try 'em to see what the fuss was all about. I'm good now. :)