pat28

Help Needed Alumidye Fluo Colors

Hi guys, in my limited experience at pouring, I find that alumidye regular colors are very potent, i.e.One drop goes a long way. However, the fluorescent colors are giving me a hard time. Cannot seem to obtain a solid fluo color, from either fluo yellow, red, green or orange. I have tried several drops, and also a few drops of white to add to the opacity of the plastic. All I get is a shy, slightly fluo color, but nothing very bright or solid in color. I have mixed the bottles thoroughly. I find that they are much more difficult to get out of the bottles than the regular colors. Are they dry? Has anyone experienced the same thing, or does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Sincerely,

Patrick

Re: Fluorescent Alumidyes

icon_post_target.gifby Mike - Alumilite » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:42 pm

The Flo dyes we sell are probably more technically defined as a pigment as they have physical particles in them that help brighten the color and would add opacity to a clear part. They are definitely not as potent as the regular colored dyes because of the particles in the Flo colors which also aid in them being so much brighter.

My recommendation ... first, cut the tip of the dye bottle if you haven't already. If you have, hold the bottle with one hand and using a paper towel push the tip sideways and the entire tip will pop off (in the paper towel). Then you can use a popsicle stick or whatever you need to get more dye out or perhaps mix the Flo dye up if the particles have settled out. Then simply try to add more to your resin and achieve the color you are looking for.

Please let us know your results.

Mike

Hope the above helps.