Darkman

List Of Lure Mold Companies

On 11/29/2019 at 12:09 PM, rixon529 said:

Back to the original topic: "List of life mold companies" - fatguysfishing.com.

fat guys makes some great molds, and they have a ton that aren't on their website, they have many that (so far) are only available through facebook

This is a formatted list of what I found that's still in business and sells molds.. among other things:

• do-itmolds.com       
  • zeiners.com       
  • lurecraft.com
  • basstackle.com
  • baitjunkys.com
  • stores.jacobsbaits.com
  • ultramolds.com
  • enforcerbaitmolds.com
  • jannsnetcraft.com
  • lurepartsonline.com
  • anglingai.com
  • fishingluremolds.com
  • cncmolds.com
  • baitmold.com
  • barlowstackle.com
  • fatguysfishing.com

I wasn't able to edit the initial post, but I removed a bunch that were no longer in business or their websites didn't work... I don't really patrol facebook for mold companies, maybe there are some out there that are easy to deal with and will make it worthwhile for me to actually look for them.

I hope this list helps others, I'm sure it'll at least help me when referring back to the molds I'd like to buy.

1 hour ago, Socal399 said:

There’s a newer company out called epic molds anyone order from them as of yet? 

I saw them on marling baits video, looked into them a bit. The molds look really good I just haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 7:24 AM, Canga~ said:

I saw them on marling baits video, looked into them a bit. The molds look really good I just haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

I have seen the Epic Bait Molds products in Marling Baits videos as well, they look incredible and are very high quality. I am just getting into soft plastics so they are the first one that came to mind.

Braden

I have a few Epic Bait Molds and they are all VERY high quality. As the son of a boutique machinist and die mold maker, I'm looking at these for more than just the baits they produce, and Jason is making products to a very high standard. If you are contemplating EBM molds, just get them. They have just about everything in stock and on-hand, and ship almost immediately, no waiting.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 8:30 PM, RiverSmallieGuy said:

I have seen the Epic Bait Molds products in Marling Baits videos as well, they look incredible and are very high quality. I am just getting into soft plastics so they are the first one that came to mind.

Braden

yeah i now have a few molds from epic and they for sure wont be the last from them. they not only have great molds but their customer service is outstanding as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, normans said:

Is there a company or person that I could send an already made craw worm to that could make me a mold of that worm 

I expect any of the mold companies that have been around more than a few years "could" copy a bait at least roughly.  The question is if they would.  Personally I have a policy that says, "I will not knowingly make an exact copy of a non-generic current production commercial bait."  I spell out in my policy that there is no loophole for "What's the least I have to change."  If you are not making a real product improvement or real product change I just won't do it.  Of course there are those will try to get me to make knockoffs for them by saying all kinds of things including one guy who told me to shove my morals up my @$$ because he just wanted what he wanted.   

And of course I am ABSOLUTELY NOT telling YOU what YOU can or can't do.   Just like it wouldn't be right for you to tell me that.  

I do make nostalgia bait molds from time to time.  Usually for some older angler who wants to fish with a bait he used as a kid and nobody has made it for 20 or 30 years.  I rather enjoy doing those.  

Also consider that there are a lot more mold makers now than when I started making molds.  Other mold makers may have slightly different policies.  That is their choice.  Just contact a bunch of them.  See what they say, and of course if its your own design or you see ways you could make real functional and/or obvious visual improvements I might look at it.  

To be honest you can probably find somebody to make it.  You probably can't find somebody to make it fast.  I have had a minimum backlog of 2-3 months prepaid work for years, and the last few years its often much longer than that.  Other mold makers that I am on good terms with are similarly busy.  

There is one more thing to think of.  There are a freaking lot of mold makers out there now with a lot of designs.  Somebody may already make something close enough to what you want.  If they do it will be a fraction of the price of having something custom made.  I probably don't.  I don't have any proper craw molds at this time in my public library.  

Don't worry somebody will be along shortly to lecture me on how I should do knockoffs.  There are always is.  I'm not telling them what to do either, and they shouldn't tell me what to do.  If they do I'll ask for my post to be removed or the thread locked.  I do not want to engage in that sort of bickery.  

• Like 2

I am a retired police officer and I very much understand having standards. This craw worm I want to have a mold made of is a worm that I first used a good 30 years ago. I have contacted the tackle store I bought them from and they don’t sell them anymore. They were bought way back when you went in counted out as many as you wanted out of a plastic bin . This type craw worm won me my first ever check in a tournament. I have just started pouring a few soft plastic lures . I don’t sell any of my stuff but I do give some away to my grandsons 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, normans said:

I am a retired police officer and I very much understand having standards. This craw worm I want to have a mold made of is a worm that I first used a good 30 years ago. I have contacted the tackle store I bought them from and they don’t sell them anymore. They were bought way back when you went in counted out as many as you wanted out of a plastic bin . This type craw worm won me my first ever check in a tournament. I have just started pouring a few soft plastic lures . I don’t sell any of my stuff but I do give some away to my grandsons 

Brother if you're not looking to sell them, why not make a couple molds out of plaster?  Pretty easy and fairly cheap to do.  You might have an imperfection with one from time to time, but the fish don't seem to care :-)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, normans said:

To ALSworms I am very new to this soft plastic worms stuff and was not aware I could make a plaster molds that would hold up , is there a guide for making them 

Silver Valley and Mark got you covered, bro.  I did it a really old school way, but it seemed to work fine.  Hardest part was keeping the baits secure when pulling the plaster.  I would just super glue baits on a flat pan, pour over and pull the plaster out when dry.  Trim the edges, clean out any excess plaster, and I would use a product called Minwax to coat the mold.  Depending on how often I poured, I would generally have to respray the molds a couple times per year.   I'm sure the newer guys have a much better product you can coat with, though, and hopefully someone can chime in with ideas. 

Feel free to fire away with any questions as you go. 

Good luck!! 

• Like 1