Stock's Lures

Line-Thru Swimbait Inserts

funny thing this site is for people to share info.....if you have something that works share it..if not  I think you blowing smoke..plastic is soft and ur going to pull out sooner or later like mark said.....I was just offering a idea ti try to help some...

Edited by fishon-son

Funny thing... I don't know how you missed the piece of info I DID share - using brass or nickel plated bullet weights with the middle drilled out. These worked great! Used these for a long time until I figured out a better way to produce a premium insert.

Sorry that holding onto my info seems to chap you a little bit. Nothing personal - I spent many late nights, early mornings and a small fortune figuring out what I now use. Why would I just give that away??

I already SHARED a great starting point. Its more than I had when I started and is more than a lot of people need to figure out a better insert option.

• Like 1

I don't want to give too much info away here but I literally spent a year trying to find a product that would work well as an insert. We mainly use the 605 line through mold at Reflexion and started out with the inserts Basstackle made. I never liked how they would pop out of the nose after only a little use.

I'm not kidding when I say I tried 15 different kinds of materials ranging from powder coated lead to aluminum rivets with varying degrees of success.

I don't want to give away what we use now but one of the best things I found to work before landing on the insert we currently use was brass or nickel bullet weights in 1/4 or 3/8 ounces. We actually coat ours with a clear paint type material that helps the plastic stick to the metal better but if you reverse the weight (concave end facing upwards towards the nose) there is enough resistance from the plastic on the round concave end of the weight to keep it in place through multiple hooksets.

I'd suggest using a split ring on the treble underneath also - keeps the hook eye from pulling into the cavity and pushing the weight up and out of the nose.

Worked well for us for a long time!

And not sure why my computer corrected "push out" to "Plaster of Paris" but it did...

That's a good idea I will do that most likely.

Funny thing... I don't know how you missed the piece of info I DID share - using brass or nickel plated bullet weights with the middle drilled out. These worked great! Used these for a long time until I figured out a better way to produce a premium insert.

Sorry that holding onto my info seems to chap you a little bit. Nothing personal - I spent many late nights, early mornings and a small fortune figuring out what I now use. Why would I just give that away??

I already SHARED a great starting point. Its more than I had when I started and is more than a lot of people need to figure out a better insert option.

I understand keeping your own invention a secret, if it gives you a leg up on the competition.

im not chapped at all...I don't fish with them  . I just offered to make some for the person who started this question...but pissed chapped or what ever you want to say   ..im not ..I will look for a good mold and try the bait myself this year to see if it works for me....but most of the bass I catch from st.clair and erie  come from tubes and crankbaits....your baits look nice and you did a good job.. but really why are you here..for some to pat you on the back?...pat pat...

sales sales sales......lol   there is no secret ,, the plastic is soft and after a few nice bass you will be replacing the bait...I offered a idea to knurl the baits insert..i have never fish one  so I didn't know but, mark said it to the tee.  plastic is soft and the insert will pull out sooner or later.....1 fish ,2 fish 3 fish 4...

I burned through the few hundred inserts I bought when my first set of molds from Basstackle this past summer. It took off fast and they are selling as fast as I want to make them but I am out of inserts. Since Bob left Basstackle and started BTs I have ordered a few more sets of the molds from him. I talked with him a couple of times and he is in the process of making insert molds/machining inserts so we can get them from him again soon. This was as recent as a couple of weeks ago. I urge anyone needing them to contact him so that he knows the demand is growing. Thanks

I was thinking along the same lines...I am looking for small drink straws or plastic sleeves that I can insert and glue into my lead egg sinkers, and place in the mold, to be poured into the baits.  I plan to mushroom out each end into a kind of funnel shape, so the line doesn't chafe, in case the plastic is harder than the line I'm using.

As long as the plastic hold up to the heat of the plastic, I'll only need a few of each weight, since the through line design and heavier line kind of guarantees I'll get them back, once the swimbait itself is thrashed and no longer usable.