aaarneson

Micro Mesh

Honesetly I am not 100% sure what I am talking about either.

Currently I am using cut outs of paper bags...that works great for some colors and ok for others and horribly for Green Pumpkin and Black and other really dark colors.

I heard some micro mesh materials would be good to try....but I have no idea where to start.

I have also heard other medias work pretty good...like coffee filters, etc.

I am using the outer material from Vacuum cleaner bags.

You might also try Tyvek. Either the housewrap(stop at a house construction site for free scraps)  or free from post office envelopes. Just make sure to put it label side up.

Different weights of printer paper can also be used.Or you can buy fluidizing plate or cups that already have the plate in it from places like TJ's tackle.

I bought my plate on Ebay for a good price but I don't think the guy is still selling it there. An 8" x 8" sheet was pretty reasonable.

I have heard Mcmaster Carr has the plate as well.

The problems with coffee filters is their inconsistent thickness so you will have to stack them.

Edited by Kasilofchrisn

I mainly use pro tec....I am not sure exact size off top of my head...but where I need the material is about 2 to 2.5

On the Tyvek,. You can get that "Free". Go to the post office and get the mailing envelopes. They are roughly 9" x 12" for flat rate shipping. One envelope will make roughly (15) 2.5 inch discs. I use it on white and it works fine. Costs you nothing but a trip to the PO.

Edited by cadman

Awesome...Thanks Cadman.

Cadman

What do you use on the blacks and green pumpkins?  It seems like I am having the most problems with those.

Aaron

Aaron,

My  black works flawlessly with any media which is great in my book( I use the envelopes from the P.O). I also finally had a white powder custom blended which for years I struggled with. I must have gone through 30 different manufacturers, that issue has been resolved, again I use the envelopes from the P.O. Now, on the green pumpkin I had that re-blended and  I still struggle with it. I have tried a lot of different medias and the best that works for me is vacuum cleaner bags. However, I still do get volcanoes due to the heaviness of the powder, but for now I live with it.  As you may or may not know I do not use many colors from Pro-tec as all my stock colors are custom blends.

In all honesty, most of your powders should work their best in winter months, when the air is dry, summer is usually the issue.

Edited by cadman