aulrich

I Think I Killed My Airbrush

You will probably have to get an inside thread gauge to measure the thread count and a micrometer or dial caliper to measure the size of the nozzle figure out if the threads are tapered then hope to find a tap that size. If the threads are brass they may be unrepairable. Maybe Iwata could give you the specs. I would contact them first. Sorry but I don't have any others suggestions good luck

I broke the threads off my Revolution, part of that nozzle or the thread part are still in the gun, if they are there you can jam something in that small orifice and back out the threads, that is the way I got mine out, than order a new nozzle for that model brush. Chicago air brush has a great website with all the parts listed with easy diagram to follow

Gino

Yea the thread in the body is what got damaged and it is right at the start, basically I can see a bit of a burr, and clean thread after that, I think there is a local shop that does repairs, but it does look like that part is pressed into the brush body if they can't clean that thread up it looks like I have a few spare parts for my next brush. I will contact the place posted as well see what the say.

A local machine shop should be able to help you out, if its on the beginning of the thread and you can see the burr maybe try going with a drill bit a few thousands larger than the hole and just drill the first thread out, its small stuff to work with and wont take much to ruin it all togeather so if you dont have the tools and skills needed take it to someone that does good luck with it