12spot

How Are Tommy Harris Spider Blades Painted ?

They are just airbrushed with a spider and web decal and then lacquered, not hard if you have a program on the PC along with a printer and some decal paper.  I'm guessing as I have no clue really, I do mostly bass fishing and I like flash so I rarely use painted blades. Maybe someone who knows more about them will stop and help.

Looking at his blades my guess is this.

Airbrush the blades base colors first.

Then using a custom spider web stamp that is sized and curved to fit the blades it is dipped in paint and stamped onto the blades.

Then another spider stamp is used to put the black spiders on.

Then a clear coat over all of it.

Just a guess on my part but thats how I would do it.

I would say air brush the blade as well and then put the spider on. The like kasilofchrisn said probably a hot stamp that fits the profile of the blade. I have made similar blades with clear decals and a printer and it works really well, however very time consuming. Below is what I did with this method.

th_sportsblades.jpg

Edited by cadman

Another option they might use is having a custom "web" diecut sticker made.

Then it is just peel the diecut off thebacking and stick on the pre painted blades and clearcoat it.

To me a detailed blade like that is there strictly to catch the fishermen and usually does little for putting more fish in the boat.

• Like 1