mdojet

Airbrush Issue

I have been using an Iwata HP-CS airbrush. lately the trigger (when pressing down for air) gets sticky. I think some paint may have backed up and got down into the spring. I use lube on the trigger against that other metal part and I know thats not the issue. I can't seem to figure out how to get in to look at the spring or to get it clean.  Someone suggested a ultra sonic jewelry cleaner.  I'm planning on calling Iwata tech support later in the week if I can't get a resolution. 

I have tried some drops of airbrush cleaner down into the valve where the trigger is. That works but for a short time but sometimes longer.

Ideas??

Thanks!

Mike

I had the same problem with one of my Iwata brushes. Take the air hose off, look at the pin and make sure is screwed all the way in, mine loosened and cause the trigger to stick and blow air. I took a thin paper clip and bend it in to a U to form a little tool to fit inside the two holes in the pin brass insert this way you can tighten it back all the way up. What happens that when the brass insert backs up the spring looses compression its loose and will not push the trigger back up

Gino 

• Like 2

Because I soak my air brush in a tub of water between colors, and to back flush it, I get that sometimes.

I think the dirty water gets into the plunger shaft assembly that the trigger pushed down when I'm painting.

I use a quick disconnect, so I disconnect the air hose, back the trigger assembly out of the bottom of the brush, put a drop of air brush lube into the bottom of the brush, and screw the trigger assembly back in.  That way, the lube comes in with the next blast of air, and lubes the plunger shaft and O ring.

I put a small drop of reel bearing oil in the top and one in the hose inlet of my Iwata when the valve assembly begins to get sticky.  Haven't noticed the brush blowing any oil onto my paint, so it appears to work OK.  I don't think a drop of airbrush cleaner has any lubricating effect.  In fact, it might exacerbate the problem since it just softens and relocates dried paint within the valve unless you rinse it out after application.