WidowMaker

Hagens & Worth Wire Benders.

Im thinking about betting a stationary or table mount type wire bender and was wondering if anybody here has any experience with the Hagens and Worth wire benders. 

As for right now I am using round nose pliers and bending sizes .016 and .018 stainless leader wire. I will also be needing to bend .012 and .014 sizes stainless leader wire which tends to be flimsy so im not sure a commercial type wire bender would accuratelybend wire this thin or not.

I know the least expensive one is the Hagens model and the Worth model is from $700.00 to $800.00 or maybe more.

I have a buddy who works in GE aircraft engine production and he tells me he uses the exact same Worth Wire Bender to make the tension type springs for aircraft engine components and that it is the top of the line precision wire bender.

And for that much money it ought to be

I never used wire that thin but I can tell you that bending .024 on the Hagens has been incredible and the bends and twists are very uniform and using it is effortless. The Hagens also has conversion kits you can buy like one for making small diameter loops and a Haywire Twist tool, and it will bend small wire diameters up to .041. I have another wire former called a Little Blue Bender, it bends "R" bend spinnerbait wire forms easily in .035 and that is all it really does so when I got the Hagens I figured I'd see how it would work to bend that type of wire form and I was just amazed at how easy it bent .035, not that my other wire former is tough to use because it isn't, but the Hagens required almost no effort so I imagine the smaller wire should be easy to bend but it depends on what you want to do.

I too have a Hagen's and really like it. I have tried some others and have come back to my Hagen's. The only drawback I have found with the Hagen's is the two upright pedestals that hold the loop twister get in the way when bending long wires on the lower bender. This is easily overcome, but it interrupts the flow. I have had additional dies mad to accommodate smaller wire and make tighter bends.

Concerning the Twisttech:

01. What is the lightest thru the heaviest size wire that you can bend with it?

02. What all type of bends and or twists is it capable of producing?

03. Is it a user friendly a quick tool to use?

I was under the impression you could only do standard leader wire twists and not coil bends, open end bends and r-bends.

The Twistech only does loops and barrel wraps.  Pretty much the same as the Hagen tool.

I've done wire as light as .020 and as heavy as .041.  It maxes out at .041 and you need to change the die to do anything above .037.

The standard Hagen won't do coils, they sell a separate tool for that, nor will it do R bends.