fishon-son

Muskie Blanks

where can i find big muskie blanks for painting....we were out on st clair last week and picked up a few just bass fishing   they were small under 30 in. but but what a fight much better then the local pike we get.....first time hooking into one out there...we had many more follows by bigger fish right to the boat ....we were using mega bass minnow baits the 110's so id like to find something bigger in a minnow bait......thanks  

You can sometimes contact the lure makers directly and they will sell blanks, most do not but some do. It sometimes takes making conections and time. One well known and highly sought after lure maker gave me baits to paint a year and a half after I first talked to him.kinda like looking for a hunting spot.

Just had a look at www.ebay.com , typing in "lure blanks" into the search function bar , ......quite a few listings filling several pages in there , many plastic blanks from China , but also larger timber blanks from Poland and the USA , ....maybe something suitable for you ?

Greetz , Dieter

Yeah those one's from Poland look nice the next batch I order will probably be those.

If you know anyone who musky fishes, ask them if you could have their old lures with paint peeling/tooth holes etc. Then give them a fixed one or two back in return. some people love to get rid of tackle. Ive watched people, (who obviously have a little more $ than me) throw old cranks/plugs/ whatever into the water and down the river if they dont plain look right to them.  You never know, just a thought.  :twocents:

I used an 7" Bomber Long A clone (or that is what it looks like to me) that I got from wlure. https://wlure.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_31&products_id=228, I caught lots of pike some as large as 40"  on the body this summer. I probably pitched that lure style 75% of my fishing time on this summer vacation.

I did have one hook hanger pull out, but that was during hook extraction and the kid was putting excessive twist on the lure. They also have a 7" deep diver as well I caught a decent number on those as well.

I typically wait until the lure body is “on sale” with wlure I typically don’t buy lots big enough to get volume discount 50 of any body style is plenty