fish4lifeNJ

Fishing Skirts.com

I don't know her name. Called today to check on an order to make sure it shipped due to the storm. Never had anyone that rude on the phone in my life. And I'm from the Northeast. I Will not do business with them until I talk to an owner or whoever is in charge. 

Welcome to Tackle Underground. I have been doing business with fishingskirts.com for about 7 years and there have been times when I placed orders and I have had a similar experience like you mentioned. I am not going to post anything more here on line and bash them, however PM me , and we can discuss this. I can give you a scenario of what I think is going on and I will give you the owners name. All I can say is give them another chance.

Edited by cadman
  • Like 1

I talked to Erin last night about 9:30 p.m. she called because they were out of stock of one of the colors i needed. She was in a hurry and very quick and to the point and said that they had gotten way behind with the orders and the storm. Don't think she may have meant to sound or be rude just in a hurry to try and get everyone taken care of. I always call and talk to her when placing my orders.

Erin gave me her cell number so I could text her a picture of a skirt I was having troubles locating.  As soon as she received the picture, she sent a text right back with the proper color number and name.

I've never had an issue with them.  Shipping can be slow at times, but not enough to complain about.

I've always had great service from Barlows. Seems like the day I place an order, they fill it and get it in the mail same day or next day, if Iplace the order late.

they treat me great as well.

And everything is well packaged.

I had a zeiners order where they just threw a jar of powder paint in with a lead mold.

Wouldn't you know I had powder paint all over the inside that box.

Barlow's is fast to ship and they tape lids and wrap things in newspaper.

Their prices aren't bad either.

• Like 1

Threads like this one make me uncomfortable, especially when they 'call out' firms that have a good reputation and receive lots of recommendations here on TU.

We are all human, including the sales assistant on the other end of the phone. We are all entitled to have a bad day, and remember, not every customer is a joy to deal with.

We are toying with peoples livelihoods here. Bad threads like this one can have an adverse affect, not just on business, but morale too.

I would like to see the thread closed out, before it gets out of hand.

Dave

Edited by Vodkaman
  • Like 2

I'm sorry that this topic makes you uncomfortable Vodkaman. Hopefully not as uncomfortable as I felt when posing a simple and polite question and getting a very unprofessional response. I also believe you are correct in saying anyone can have a bad day. This is however not the first time. The conversation we were having ended when she purposely hung up on me. If I had an employee treating my customers like that unprovoked, I would certainly want to know about it so it could be corrected. 

I've had a barlows order take almost two weeks. Thing that makes me most mad is theres no call or anything if they are out of stock on something. They simply mail your order and deduct that from your invoice. No shipping it later, you simply wait a week to find out it's out of stock. Last order still took a week and they sent it out 2 day mail. Tells me their slow at picking orders and shipping them out

Yes Barlows does not do back orders.  Unfortunately with their system now you do not know when ordering if they have what you need in stock and they do not inform you if it is out of stock until you receive your order.  I have talked to them about this and was told that they will try to wait to see if they get what you need in stock but if it is too long they will just ship.  This is usually what will delay an order but if your items are in stock you get them quickly.

I have called and have had no problems with fishing skirts customer service.  I have ordered thousands of dollars from them in the past but have not made an order in almost 2 years.  For personal use they are great but if you are selling the consistency of their products varies.  If I order a 100 tabs of one color today it can be a completely different color or shade if I order the same color a month from now.  That being said I only experience this problem if I buy in bulk which is what I did 99% of the time.  If I buy in small quantities then I have had no problems.  Since I have not ordered in such a long time this may no longer be a problem.

All opinions and experience should be posted, good or bad, so that we can all make our own decisions on where we spend our hard earned money.  As long as it is an honest opinion based on experiences and not a bashing.  Bashing would be to verbally attack.  Because an opinion is negative does not mean that anyone bashed a company or product.  If a negative opinion is posted and you do not like it you do not have to use it when forming your own opinion but one thing is for sure, we should all be able to make that choice for ourselves.  I personally would not post a negative opinion or use a negative opinion unless it has happened more than once,  It has already been said, people can have a bad day, I know I have them.  So please don't post a negative opinion uless it has happened more than once.

This has always been a controversial topic but it doesn't have to be.

• Like 2

I will tell you this, I have had many issues with Stamina before they were bought out, and now that they are a different company (LPO), I give them 95% of my business. Reason being is this, any items not in stock, they let me know and backorder them and tell me when they will ship. They have never charged me additional shipping for a backorders. They have rarely charged me for special orders. If I want a sample they have always sent one out to me. There customer service is second to none. Now some of you may disagree with me, and that is fine. However like mentioned here, if I order a product from your catalog, and you don't have it why is that my problem. Yet I understand that you run out of stock and you will get more. So if that is the case, tell me you are out of stock, and then when the item is available, send it out to me, and don't charge me an additional shipping charge. What's with that. Have the decency to call me, and ask if I would like to wait 2 weeks or whatever, and then you will send it out . It is my choice if I can't wait or want to order it somewhere else. I've had many times like others mentioned here , had an order shipped, never got a call about a backordered item and then the order was shipped without an item, and oh by the way, now I have to re-order and pay shipping all over again. That is why I deal with LPO exclusively. No B.S. no drama. They tell me the way it is and I make my own decisions. I will not deal with businesses that can't accommodate me and those that know me ,know that I will go out of my way to get what my customer needs.  My rant is over. This is just my opinion.

Edited by cadman
  • Like 2

I am just a hobby builder, so I have a lot more flexibility than those of you with businesses.

But I also really appreciate a heads up if an item is back ordered.

One of the great things about Tackle Warehouse is that they show you on the site if, and how many of, an item is in stock, so you can order accordingly.  If I go ahead and order it anyway with some other stuff, they ship it separately when it does come in, with no extra shipping costs.

For me, it is a small thing, and a back ordered item is just an inconvenience, but for someone with a business to run I can see how this can be more than just an inconvenience.

Having said that, I have no idea what is involved, software-wise, to get an out of stock flag to appear on a site's shopping site.  I imagine it's probably expensive to have to get it changed, once it's already installed.

• Like 1

I've always had very good experiences with fishingskirts.  I've been using them since about when Charles started, I was given his phone number by someone.  It was before he had his website that you see now.  Since the website has been up, I've always ordered online through that.  Before I'd just call Charles but he got too busy and I understand that also.  In fact, I placed an order this morning and they already put it in the mail, they sent me a shipment email with a tracking number.  Nobody beats their prices that I've seen.  I can understand people's frustrations with calling, asking a question and getting a bad response.  I've never had to do that but that would turn me off if it happened.  I never need to call in, I just order from the website and I always get what I'm ordering. 

Most of the time Erin is a delight to talk to, regardless of whether I call her or she calls me but I have had a couple of occasions where I caught her at the wrong time. One never knows what happened before those bad encounters and I have never really cared as there are times that someone could catch me in the wrong mood after dealing with a tough customer.

I believe that Erin is the only one that answers the phone or calls to inform you that something is out of stock and she works some long days ........ if that helps.

• Like 1