bucknuckle

Lure Parts Online Blank Body Question

What I have found is some are good and some are not, just have to try'em. I once was trying to tune a bait and I was gently trying to adjust the line tie at the lip and I almost cracked it and I was barely messing with it. That's when I could see that in some baits the quality is not very good. Most baits I've used have done pretty good. Now comparing them to the original, I haven't done that, I use them like they are their own bait if that makes sense

It would help to know which lure bodies you are referring too. LPO has something like 30-40 different lures. Maybe use a part number so we can reference which bodies you're talking about. Fishnart has it right, some bodies work and some don't. Not to rip on Barlows, but I got some small clear popper bodies from them and the weight in the back of the lure is so heavy, NOTHING you do can balance the lure to work accurately. Tried oversized hooks and split rings in the front to balance to no avail. Stands straight up in the water I did not notice the imbalance in the lure until months after I received the order and I 'm sure Barlows would have allowed me to return them if I had noticed right away. Live and learn. There are quite a few posts on here about the quality of the suppliers of unpainted blanks if you research them out. I have had good luck with Dinger and Predator. They seem to get their stuff from a quality supplier or their QC is head and shoulders above some others I have tried. If you find them really cheap it's for a reason, they're blems or factory seconds or flaws. I have caught ALOT of fish on the squarebills from these guys. I am not affiliated with either company, they have good products and service.

Basseducer, thanks for your input. If you're referring to my post about the popper bodies I was talking about, they're all bad. They all have a weight in the tail that is WAY too heavy and it causes the bait to float vertically tail down in the water. They were just manufactured incorrectly, nothing short of splitting the bait and removing the oversized ball bearing and replacing it with something much smaller. I think Barlows has a 30 day return policy and I was several months past that. I don't have any sour grapes towards Barlows, it was my fault, if I had checked them right away I'm sure they would have taken them back. Other baits I bought from them have worked just fine. My point kind of was that some times you can get a bad product even from a reputable supplier. I learned you have to check every order every time. I check my hook count from LPO every time because I have been shorted several times. I got chatter bait jigheads with the weight marked incorrectly ( 1/2 oz in 3/8 package ) three times in a row after repeatedly telling them that the supply they were pulling from was marked wrong. They just kept pulling the same mis-marked jighead. LPO has made it right every time when contacted and let me keep the incorrect products. As far as the bad poppers go I have painted a lot of them and made key chains to give away as promos. I have made a lot of key chains with baits that didn't track right, float right or just plain sank! When you find a supplier with good baits stick with them.

I purchase mostly top water popper and walking bodies from LPO. I have had some that don't work at all and others that work great as was mentioned before. I believe someone else mentioned tank testing right away, I suggest that strategy as well (although I forget to do this all the time). 

I did buy a popper/walker hybrid type blank that simply didn't do either well. If I remembered the part number, I'd share it. I think the issue with it was the line tie position. It was far from center at the 12 o'clock position and it just didn't do a thing on the water. 

Bucknuckle, sorry I have not used either of those lures. Maybe you can let us know how they swim when you get them finished. I would like to know. At a buck a piece you really can't go wrong. Frog addict have you seen Dinger Baits is coming out with a "Rio" which I believe is modeled after a Rio Rico. Rico's are a staple bait where I come  from both in the states and in Mexico. He recently did a preorder sale and I think they will be available for delivery sometime in March!

Bucknuckle, sorry I have not used either of those lures. Maybe you can let us know how they swim when you get them finished. I would like to know. At a buck a piece you really can't go wrong. Frog addict have you seen Dinger Baits is coming out with a "Rio" which I believe is modeled after a Rio Rico. Rico's are a staple bait where I come  from both in the states and in Mexico. He recently did a preorder sale and I think they will be available for delivery sometime in March!

AZ Fisher,

I just went to the site and didn't see it. Am I missing something?