CNC Molds N Stuff

Mini Vacation

Spent six days in Vegas recently.  (Well, five full days.) 

Saw a Cirque De Soleil show, visited the "Pinball Hall of Fame", saw a Picasso exhibit, a great jazz and blues band at a club one evening, and lots of street performers.  Food was pretty darn unbelievable most places.  Went to Gordon Ramsay's for lunch one day.  It was pretty good, but not fantastic.  They brought me fries with my burger.  They were pretty good fries.  Maybe as good as the old McDonalds fries before they switched to vegetable oil like everybody else.  They didn't come with my burger though, and I know I didn't order them.  The tiny little cup of fries cost $11 when I looked at the bill.  LOL.  That was probably one of the cheapest places we ate.  

Oddly enough I probably enjoyed the street performers the most of all.  Most were mediocre.  A few were terrible, and there were a couple that were out of this world good.  There were two I think I might have seen on one of those talent competitions on TV.  

I think Patti got targeted by a pick pocket once.  He dropped in behind her and zigged through the crowd in reaching distances right behind her for a little while.  He wasn't dressed or moving like a tourist, and he had plenty of chances to go around.  Then he looked around and saw me in position to pinch him, and he suddenly doubled his speed and zigged off through the crowd.  

We had a great trip.  While I was there I picked up a contractor's work cap for one of my trucks.  That was the first day and because it was a little higher they parked my truck in the VIP section right up top the rest of the trip.  I just wish I'ld had CNC molds signs on my truck.  Or better yet a CNC Molds windshield sun blocker.  LOL.  

I dropped a trolling motor off at BPS on Thursday morning for a warranty repair, but when I stopped by on my way out of town Monday it was still sitting on the floor in the exact spot where I set it, so I picked it up to take somewhere else.  While I was there I bought a couple new trolling motor plugs, and a small handful of top water baits.  They had some XPS poppers in a bone color that looked almost identical the bone color Ricos and Rio Ricohs.  I had to try them, and one of the other color XPS poppers (which they didn't have in stock) is on my favorites list already anyway.  

No.  I didn't do any gambling.  I used to like to play 7 Card Stud in Vegas, but everybody plays Texas Hold'em these days.  The game is just to fast and too aggressive for me.  Well, that's not completely true.  I stuck a 20 dollar bill in a slot machine and flushed it one day.  It was pretty sad.  Only 2 or 3 small wins, and never one time above the initial stake.  Not enough fun to play again.  I miss the sound of coins paying into the hopper.  Clang! Clang!  Clang!.  I know why its been eliminated (for health reasons), but I still miss the sounds of jackpots big and small pouring out into the coin hopper.  

I thought about hiring a guide and fishing Lake Mead one day, but I just never got around to it.  

The view from my room was pretty good from the 28th floor of the Cosmopolitan.  I got to watch the fountain in front of the Bellagio every half hour every evening if I was in my room.  

One thing I particularly noticed was the smell of the town at night.  When I stood out on my hotel balcony the smell of a million different foods just blended into a cafeteria smell.  Not a bad smell, but not what I might have expected either.  

It was a fun trip, and there things I would have liked to do and didn't but I'm good on Vegas for another couple years.  

The View From My Balconey

• Like 1

Sounds like a fun time.Boy would i love to see the pinball hall of fame. It would be great if they let you play some??. Man i wish there was some place around here that had GOOD pinball games. All the places around here are now catering to the kids with their lillte kiddee games that give  tickets or candy out in them claw machines, 11$ for fries...wow..what happened to them all u can eat places for cheap?

Sounds like a fun time.Boy would i love to see the pinball hall of fame. It would be great if they let you play some??. Man i wish there was some place around here that had GOOD pinball games. All the places around here are now catering to the kids with their lillte kiddee games that give  tickets or candy out in them claw machines, 11$ for fries...wow..what happened to them all u can eat places for cheap?

It was a pinball gallery.  You can play all the machines.  We each got about $20 worth of quarters and spent most of them.  It was a good time.  They had ancient pinball games and modern ones.  More than 200 machines.  Almost all fully functional.  

Edited by Bob La Londe
  • Like 1

It was a pinball gallery.  You can play all the machines.  We each got about $20 worth of quarters and spent most of them.  It was a good time.  They had ancient pinball games and modern ones.  More than 200 machines.  Almost all fully functional.  

wow..i could spend all day an night there!!!!!!!!!!