fishhook

Injection Into Hand Pour Mold

Guys I have a delmart 7 cavity hand pour 5 inch stick bait mold .

Would I be able to inject into that mold ??? And I was looking at purchasing a Delmart 7 cavity stick bait injection mold ! Is that a good mold for injecting ??? Are delmarts injectors good quality??? I don't seem to here much about them on this sight . Thanks for any input

He makes a good mold and his injectors are like tanks,but a little to sticky for me. Injectors have a screw on tip and take some time to clean out. Down fall is you may never recieve what you buy. Still owes me a replacement mold from a few years ago. If you see his name come up it will be to warn you about what might happen. Beware,Beware,BEWARE.

I have a Del hand pour mold and have tried to inject with it, and the results are mediocre at best.  The injector is too large to fit securely in the port, and the baits are often half formed.

You're better off buying a mold from Basstackle, Baitjunkies or Bears and just ordering the injection option.

I have both the Do-it CNC mold (machined) and the Essentials Series (cast) 5" GY "stick" mold and they are both excellent.

Beside the significant difference in cost, the machined mold has the traditional "shinny" surface and the sand cast have a slight sandy, grain finish which I actually prefer. It's just a matter of personal preference....I really doubt the bass care!

At $30 the Essential Series molds are a great value.

http://lurepartsonline.com/Online-Store/Do-it-Softbaits-Essential-Series/Essential-Series-Molds.html

Don't forget good gloves and a digital thermometer. Temperature is critical to get good baits.

Andy

• Like 1

It's all in personal preference

sand cast molds make a different looking bait( not as shiny and  not fine tuned) they make good baits though

you get what u pay for

aluminum milled molds are very fine detailed

I think all mold makers should put MADE IN USA  at least on info page!!!! Gr8 idea to put it on mold!!!!!!

Most importantly what ever your wallet will allow you to buy

They all will catch fish if you make & fish them correctly

Edited by archery1
  • Like 1